News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm Just Another Baby-Eating Atheist

Started by Armada, July 08, 2013, 10:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Armada"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"You're welcome! Are you of Ukrainian descent?

A little. I lived there for three years.
Cool! I travel quite often to the former soviet countries and I love Kiev. Oh, and my mother in-law was Ukrainian, too.

PickelledEggs

Welcome Armada!

I hear babies taste like bacon. Anyone want to play limbo? I got a new bamboo stick!

SGOS

Quote from: "Armada"I must say, this is the first country where people ask me "Do you really believe we are here by chance?"

When discussing chance, one cannot leave out the concept of probability.  Flip a coin 100 times and there is a probability that it will come up heads close to 50% of the time.  But if the experiment is done an infinite number of times, there is also a probability that in one of those experiments, it will be all tails and not one single head.  The thing about chance is that given enough time, anything is likely to happen, including the most unexpected.

Evolution is not just chance.  Certain elements have an affinity for other elements.  Carbon likes to attach itself to other elements in many different ways.  Given time, you will get some pretty complicated arrangements.  We are not here because of chance.  Life in our universe is inevitable.  The probability that we should have life in our universe is 100%.  Only a god could have prevented that probability from happening, and apparently no god did.

SGOS

In fact, the way God influences the universe perfectly mirrors random chance.  Random chance then becomes a "miracle" in the minds of the ignorant.

Armada

Quote from: "SGOS"In fact, the way God influences the universe perfectly mirrors random chance.  Random chance then becomes a "miracle" in the minds of the ignorant.

I had a toast today and it burned a little. I swear, the burn looked like a unicorn. Don't you see? It proves everything.
Babies go well with red wine

Armada

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"You're welcome! Are you of Ukrainian descent?

A little. I lived there for three years.
Cool! I travel quite often to the former soviet countries and I love Kiev. Oh, and my mother in-law was Ukrainian, too.

Kiev is beautiful. I've been to some of their monasteries and holly cow!!! If you haven't been there yet, visit Kievo-Pecherskaya lavre. They have a good collection of mummies.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Cool! I travel quite often to the former soviet countries and I love Kiev. Oh, and my mother in-law was Ukrainian, too.

Kiev is beautiful. I've been to some of their monasteries and holly cow!!! If you haven't been there yet, visit Kievo-Pecherskaya lavre. They have a good collection of mummies.
Yeah, I've been there, quite amazing! And I love Ukrainian people.

viocjit

????? ?????????? ?? ?????. (Translation for those who can't understand : Welcome to the forum).

Brian37

Quote from: "Armada"Hi. I'm Armada and I'm an outspoken atheist (except when I'm in a redneck country because being Russian is already enough to get me killed there, I don't need to give people any more reasons.)
I lived in 6 countries, 5 of them had a ton of atheists and then I moved to US... I must say, this is the first country where people ask me "Do you really believe we are here by chance?"

Seriously, what the hell? I lived in 3 middle eastern countries (all three are former soviet union, so godlessness is strong there) and never found anyone there who had a problem understanding evolution.

Am I rambling again? Sorry about that...

Well, that's basically me, a godless, baby-eating atheist who's sitting in forums instead of working on meeting those deadlines.

Babbie eater? You sick fuck, everyone knows any good atheist would not eat their own. BARBECUE KITTENS! I am revoking your "atheist card".

Now for my official welcome.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Armada

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "Armada"Hi. I'm Armada and I'm an outspoken atheist (except when I'm in a redneck country because being Russian is already enough to get me killed there, I don't need to give people any more reasons.)
I lived in 6 countries, 5 of them had a ton of atheists and then I moved to US... I must say, this is the first country where people ask me "Do you really believe we are here by chance?"

Seriously, what the hell? I lived in 3 middle eastern countries (all three are former soviet union, so godlessness is strong there) and never found anyone there who had a problem understanding evolution.

Am I rambling again? Sorry about that...

Well, that's basically me, a godless, baby-eating atheist who's sitting in forums instead of working on meeting those deadlines.

Babbie eater? You sick fuck, everyone knows any good atheist would not eat their own. BARBECUE KITTENS! I am revoking your "atheist card".

Now for my official welcome.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

As a matter of fact, I do have three perfectly addorable kittens... I welcome you all to a barbecue.

Armada

Quote from: "viocjit"????? ?????????? ?? ?????. (Translation for those who can't understand : Welcome to the forum).

Sposibo   :-D

Armada

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Cool! I travel quite often to the former soviet countries and I love Kiev. Oh, and my mother in-law was Ukrainian, too.

Yeah, I've been there, quite amazing! And I love Ukrainian people.

Taking into account that your mother in-law is Ukrainian, you better say you like them...

Savior2006

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Armada"I must say, this is the first country where people ask me "Do you really believe we are here by chance?"

When discussing chance, one cannot leave out the concept of probability.  Flip a coin 100 times and there is a probability that it will come up heads close to 50% of the time.  But if the experiment is done an infinite number of times, there is also a probability that in one of those experiments, it will be all tails and not one single head.  The thing about chance is that given enough time, anything is likely to happen, including the most unexpected.

Evolution is not just chance.  Certain elements have an affinity for other elements.  Carbon likes to attach itself to other elements in many different ways.  Given time, you will get some pretty complicated arrangements.  We are not here because of chance.  Life in our universe is inevitable.  The probability that we should have life in our universe is 100%.  Only a god could have prevented that probability from happening, and apparently no god did.

Well said.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Yeah, I've been there, quite amazing! And I love Ukrainian people.

Taking into account that your mother in-law is Ukrainian, you better say you like them...
Well, sadly she passed away last year... anyway, I loved being in Ukraine even before meeting my future wife and her mom!

AllPurposeAtheist

See? It was because I served powdered eggs in the US Navy you're allowed to be a US atheist now..

Naturally I'm full of shit, but it sounds good anyway...the powdered eggs part.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.