News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hey, I'm new around here!

Started by iParker, July 08, 2013, 05:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iParker

Hi, I'm Parker. I was raised heavily as a Christian, but I escaped. I started questioning things. I had never listened in Church, I always doubted it. My parents became mad at our church for the way they treated some people., and we stopped attending. I educated myself on the matters of science and why the word of God was wrong.

I've recently been discriminated against for being a heavily atheistic agnostic, I have a few friends, but everyone else hates me for being so... different. I'm just here looking for some people who I can relate to, some open-minded people. I'm not really an atheist, but an agnostic. I'm open to anything.

aitm

Quote from: "iParker"I'm open to anything.

:-k

:-$

:wink:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

The Skeletal Atheist

^ Run away, run away and don't look back.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Parker sounds male, but if you're actually female and open to anything let me suggest extreme nudity for the benefit of the not so female members of this forum. If you're male the females might enjoy nudity and a few males might, but male nudity here is frowned upon.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Stop it! Just stop it! You're killing me.  :lol:  Welcome aboard iParker !  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

ozymandias

damn, methinks I am amidst heathens and perverts.  What a relief. :lol:

stromboli

Meh. Mostly talk a big game, this lot. But heathens and pervs we got. Welcome.

LikelyToBreak

Welcome!  :)

Depending on how agnostic and atheist is defined, you are probably both.  Or maybe a Deist.  Again depending on who is doing the defining.

If you are female.  Please don't be scared away by the more rambunctious on the boards.  I haven't been here long, but it seems these boards could use a female's touch.

Plu

Welcome aboard :) Don't let the perverts scare you off.

DunkleSeele

Welcome iParker, and don't be scared by our resident perverts. They aren't that dangerous, at least compared to me!

PickelledEggs

Welcome, iParker!

Just take yourself off of snapchat, I hear that they have a site that posts the really embarrasing ones. If you do that you should be fine.

SGOS

Quote from: "iParker"Hi, I'm Parker. I was raised heavily as a Christian, but I escaped. I started questioning things. I had never listened in Church, I always doubted it. My parents became mad at our church for the way they treated some people., and we stopped attending. I educated myself on the matters of science and why the word of God was wrong.

I've recently been discriminated against for being a heavily atheistic agnostic, I have a few friends, but everyone else hates me for being so... different. I'm just here looking for some people who I can relate to, some open-minded people. I'm not really an atheist, but an agnostic. I'm open to anything.
Welcome.  Anyone can find fault with others, but religion raises finding fault to an art form.  It even endorses punishment for these mostly imagined faults, and it wants government to enact laws that support its bigotry.  Religious practitioners like to say God will punish this or that group, but obviously that's not good enough for them.  They want to have a hand in the punishment, because they can't wait for God to do it.

I disagree with Christopher Hitchens on a few things, but I think he hit close to the mark when he wrote that "religion poisons everything."  Some religions are much worse than others.  Christianity is bad enough.  Maybe it doesn't poison every single thing, but it's overall effect on society is a net negative.

And it's based on a bunch of magical nonsense created out of ignorance and superstition.  That's about the worst place to start when building a foundation for a society.  Garbage in, Garbage out.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Parker sounds male, but if you're actually female and open to anything let me suggest extreme nudity for the benefit of the not so female members of this forum. If you're male the females might enjoy nudity and a few males might, but male nudity here is frowned upon.
Don't let him fool you. Male nudity is required here.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina