Boeing 777 crashes while landing in San Francisco

Started by Solitary, July 06, 2013, 03:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

The fuselage is still intact so there's hope. If they managed to get the slides out, its possible that most if not all were able to escape before the fire got too big.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hijiri Byakuren

Still no official word on deaths or injuries, as far as I can find. Though with a crash like that, I can't imagine there weren't at least a number of serious injuries.

It's early yet, so we'll have to wait and see.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aroura33

Amazingly, it seems no fatalaties. Many passangers have tweeted or used other sicial media saying there were some minor injuries, but everyone got off the plane before the fire spread.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Brian37

Watching it right now, I am shocked that so far, there haven't been the standard "Thank God" crap I hear in clips, but I have it on CNN.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "Solitary"It doesn't look good for many of the people aboard. :cry:  Solitary

Some passenger tweets after the fact are conveying a quick exit before the fire got big. According to CNN reports I am watching right now.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Shiranu

Some burns, but no reported critical injuries as of yet.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Brian37

Quote from: "Shiranu"Some burns, but no reported critical injuries as of yet.

Give it time, if everyone survives the believers will call it a "miracle".

But these same credulous morons would do the same if only one person survived.

I want to know, when it ceases to be a "miracle", when half live and half die?

No one wants to chalk the outcome to CONDITIONS based on multiple factors.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well let me be the first to say THANK GOD the entire world didn't die from this! :shock:
Admit it..THAT's a miracle...right?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Well let me be the first to say THANK GOD the entire world didn't die from this! :shock:
Admit it..THAT's a miracle...right?

Yes because death in it's millions of times a year from every aspect never negates willful ignorance and selection bias.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aroura33

I just read a report of 2 deaths and a handful of injuries. Looking at the reckage, it is pretty amazing there are not more dead!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Shiranu

Out of curiosity, anyone know what happened to the roof?

And yeah, Reuters says 2 now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli