New Theory on Why Men Love Breasts

Started by drunkenshoe, July 06, 2013, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Brian37"Really, I get that science DOES figure out the biology of life. The laypersons explanation is simple.

THEY ARE FUN BAGS! Unless you are a gay man, but would include lesbians.

So for heterosexuals and lesbians and bis, breasts are fun because they are fun.

I have to agree with this assessment.

I was reading a book in which a scientist would put a little white or red cap on some zebra finches. For some reason, the lady finches LOVED the white cap, but shunned the males with the red cap. Conversely, when the males were given white bands around their ankles they were shunned, but the ladies loved the RED ankle bands.

To quote from the book:

QuoteWe cannot look at the results of Burley's costume experiments and say, Ah, yes, the females are using the white crest as an indicator that the males will be a good father, or that his genes are robust and therefore he's a great catch. A zebra finch with a white crest can hardly be said to bear superior finch genes when he's not supposed to have a crest in the first place. Instead, the unexpected findings offer evidence of the so-called sensory exploitation theory of mate choice. By this proposal, the white hat takes advantage of a neurophysiological process in the zebra finch's brain that serves some other, unknown purpose but that is easily coopted and aroused. The hate stimulates an extant neural pathtway, and it lures the female, and the female does not know why, but she knows what she likes. We can understand that impulse, the enticement of an object we seem beautiful.

"Woman", Natalie Angier, pg. 135

So, breasts could just simply be fun and beautiful to men, possibly in the same way that unnatural adornments are attractive.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Solitary

Thanks for the mammaries!  =P~  8-) Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Yep.  I love them.  I don't know why.  I think they are wonderful, big or small.  Don't wreck it for me.  I'd like to touch some right now.

Colanth

I wasn't breast-fed, so that reason isn't valid.  And I never "learned" to like breasts, I just do.  Why?  I have no idea, but I wouldn't accept someone's guess without evidence.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

the_antithesis

Shiranu

I'm sure there is a scientific, evolution-based explanation, I'm just moderately indifferent. I think there are more important things scientists could be researching, like x-ray glasses so you can look at more breasts.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: "the_antithesis"I like to drizzle hot wax on them.
I'm pretty sure that would be considered a learned response, as opposed to genetic.  You might want to do a study on that, and submit it to a scientific journal for peer review.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "SGOS"
I'm pretty sure that would be considered a learned response, as opposed to genetic.  You might want to do a study on that, and submit it to a scientific journal for peer review.
I also like to pee in the sink.

hillbillyatheist

I just want to say, I'm glad they aren't claiming the bullshit idea that men like boobs because they look like an ass.

seriously some idiot noticed the similarities between a cleavage and a plumbers asscrack and thought, hey, maybe thats why men like boobs!

of course it only takes a couple seconds of thought to realize the stupidity in that.

1. asses don't have nipples, and chests don't have assholes

2. fully exposed tits look nothing like a fully exposed ass, and humans evolved breasts and asses long before clothing were invented which would create similarities between an asscrack and cleavage peeping over the top of said clothing.

3. most (admittedly not all) people wouldn't motorboat, suck on or kiss a woman's ass.

seriously the image below is actualy a theory to some people. LOL!

like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

SGOS

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "SGOS"
I also like to pee in the sink.
Yeah, so?  Who doesn't? :-D

Rinth2011

I once dated an atheist who really loved breasts. Just in case you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Atheists-Love-Bre ... 470123592/

Plu

I guess nothing in the book is actually on the topic of the difference between religious and non-religious men, though? :P
It sounds more like an attention grabber than a relevant part of the book.