New Theory on Why Men Love Breasts

Started by drunkenshoe, July 06, 2013, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Peeeenis!
Motorboating?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

BTW, I used wear a t-shirt that said "SLUT" on the front and "NEEDED" on the back.  :lol:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Peeeenis!
Motorboating?

Naaah just talking to myself.
Bummer.  [-(
QuoteBTW, I used wear a t-shirt that said "SLUT" on the front and "NEEDED" on the back.

Yeah...because it is really helpfull to the "We love boobies" cause? :lol:
At least I'm ... ahem ... up front about it.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Err...stop deflecting. :lol:
Oh, that's right, your eyes are up there.  :rolleyes:
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Years ago, I've once sent the pic of my feet to an online American acquaintance -from a UK site- who loved women's feet a bit too much, so he could 'fap' to it if he wanted. It was his birthday. He also collected these pics. Everything was/is OK with the man, he was smart, funny and decent, no problem at all. Known him online for years. It was so normal for both of us we joked about it without thinking that it could cause a headache. You know what did people do when they have 'found out' about it? Which wasn't even a secret, but that was how they felt,lol. Called me desperate, and 'acting loose' 'to get some Western man'. Oh yeaaaah... I was trying to get an American to get married by flashing my feet! And as a male, it was his natural right to take advantage of the situation, but why I was 'giving it'.  He was so mad, his account was suspended for the things he said, eventually banned. Yeah, that's the world culture we live in East-West-North-South, developed, underdeveloped. Don't fool yourselves. Now, where do you begin to handle something like this? From which part of the bigotry?

I don't think that's bigotry, that's jealousy.  You've got a nice relationship with someone where you can share stuff like that.  And They don't.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Breasts, penises... I think I love this thread.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

If your not a dick you can avoid making a boob of yourself.

Sorry, had to. It's in my contract.
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

For your undeniable fapping pleasure Shoezie.. Now you can tell em how desperate us Americans are. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

I don't know the biological reasons behind it, but I do know that touching her nipples makes my girlfriend wild :D

/tmi

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Plu"I don't know the biological reasons behind it, but I do know that touching her nipples makes my girlfriend wild :D

/tmi
I knew a lady who was immune to any kind of come-on from a guy, but if you touched her breasts, even through clothing, she was yours. It was a closely guarded secret that only a few hundred of her male, and female, friends knew about.
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm highly disappointed more females don't want me to grope them. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Plu"I don't know the biological reasons behind it, but I do know that touching her nipples makes my girlfriend wild :D

/tmi
I knew a lady who was immune to any kind of come-on from a guy, but if you touched her breasts, even through clothing, she was yours. It was a closely guarded secret that only a few hundred of her male, and female, friends knew about.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "SilentFutility"

/tmi

Pics or it didn't happen.
1981, Tegucigalpa. Pix around there would have been ... a very bad idea.
PZ Myers

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men-love-breasts.html

Quote...Recent studies have found that nipple stimulation enhances sexual arousal in the great majority of women, and it activates the same brain areas as vaginal and clitoral stimulation. When a sexual partner touches, massages or nibbles a woman's breasts, Young said, this triggers the release of oxytocin in the woman's brain, just like what happens when a baby nurses. But in this context, the oxytocin focuses the woman's attention on her sexual partner, strengthening her desire to bond with this person.

In other words, men can make themselves more desirable by stimulating a woman's breasts during foreplay and sex. Evolution has, in a sense, made men want to do this.

Attraction to breasts "is a brain organization effect that occurs in straight males when they go through puberty," Young told Life's Little Mysteries. "Evolution has selected for this brain organization in men that makes them attracted to the breasts in a sexual context, because the outcome is that it activates the female bonding circuit, making women feel more bonded with him. It's a behavior that males have evolved in order to stimulate the female's maternal bonding circuitry."

So, why did this evolutionary change happen in humans, and not in other breast-feeding mammals? Young thinks it's because we form monogamous relationships, whereas 97 percent of mammals do not. "Secondly, it might have to do with the fact that we are upright and have face-to-face sex, which provides more opportunity for nipple stimulation during sex. In monogamous voles, for example, the nipples are hanging toward the ground and the voles mate from behind, so this didn't evolve," he said. "So, maybe the nature of our sexuality has allowed greater access to the breasts.

Makes sense but also doesn't. How about lesbians? And in a couple of comments it's mentioned that there are many cultures which do not define breasts as sexual and that this obsession is a learned behaviour. I agree with that.

What say you?

Humans aren't monogamous, though. I mean, we can be if we want to be, but speaking of our evolutionary history, we're not all that monogamous. We and our ancestors slept around. We're slightly less promiscuous than Bonobos and chimps, and that ain't saying much.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges