News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can "something from nothing" prove God?

Started by victormarte, February 19, 2013, 05:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: "Bibliofagus"
Quote from: "SGOS"The logic fails because "Something can't come from nothing" is an assumption, but the disovery itself proves it to be false.

Can this be put in our logo?
In our logo?  Not just in someone's signature line?  Why yes, of course.  In our logo, by all means.  Gory Halleluiah!

VaasMontenegro

There is no proof for god - on any level.
"I\'m not a schemer. I just try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are."

Savior2006

This is what's funny about theists.

Option A: Something cannot come from nothing, therefore God must exist.
Option B: Something can come from nothing, therefore God must exist.

Seriously, what the fuck people?
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Gerard

No it can't. Proof is seldom derived from a deductive argument.

And the argument rests on the unproven premiss that there was necessarily nothing before there was something. Which is just an opinion.

Gerard

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "victormarte"Had a little debate with my christian friend and we started talking about science's new findings. I mentioned that I watched lectures and read things about us finding a thing dubbed "we now know that something can come from nothing." He then said, couldn't that prove the existence of god? I know there isn't too much info on this topic, but is it a possibility?

It lends a tiny bit of credence to the idea of a god that had a beginning, but I think if your friend thought it through, that might not be the god he's trying to justify.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

St Giordano Bruno

I subscribe to the idea that nothingness in itself inherently unstable anyway, so something is bound to come of it God or no God, such as virtual particles breaking out in the unstable vacuum and creating real particles such as the Higgs which makes matter heavy and the ones our bodies are made of. Since something and everything physically possible can emerge spontaneously without one I do not see the point in a need for a God at all. I think God is totally unnecessary and a completely archaic explanation for the creation of the universe.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Shiranu

If its a valid argument for god, than its an equally valid argument against the necessity of one.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jorjor

Not really no. Christians really love to set up false dichotomies don't they?