Has anyone else been a scapegoat in other forums before this one?

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, January 28, 2024, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

I myself was a scapegoat who had been bullied (and kicked out) in many forums. People have bullied me and then when I call them out, they view ME as the bully trying to control them. Here's an example of this in the link below (P.S. I am the OP in the link's thread):

https://funhsps.forumotion.com/t4435-i-hate-when-people-complain-about-words-being-misused#61266

The user was being insensitive to me, ignoring my struggles with depression. She thought she was being cute by trying to lighten the load she threw on me, but I called her out and she took it personally and started to harass me. She then brought over a moderator to penalize me because she knew damn well that the majority of the users were completely in HER favor (I was also bullied by a couple of mods).

I'm leaving that forum for good because it's too toxic for me.

the_antithesis

Gawdzilla Sama

I had a forum admin say that I had threatened to shoot her in the head. Couldn't produce a post to support that. I just pulled the pin.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers