Off topic: has anyone else’s parents treated you like a pet (horribly)?

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, December 29, 2023, 04:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

My mom gets fussy over every little thing about me, then when she sees me get angry over her bullshit, she gets mad and tells me to calm down.

I call her out then she makes threats to me and plays victim over how she has to baby me for years. She threatens me that she will no longer accommodate me because I have such a bad attitude towards her and that I'm the problem.

I told her that she thinks it's everyone else's fault but hers. "No, you are responsible for your feelings!" She'll shout at me. Then when I shout at her, she tells me to stop all while screaming at me and lying like a b**** that she NEVER did any of the stuff I called her out for.

She wants me to keep my mouth shut and keeps screaming "shut up, I'm tired of listening to your mouth running all the time, I don't want to hear it", yet she's totally fine with her yakking her throat out.

I'm heading to my therapist and my mom is driving me unfortunately because I don't have a driver's license. Threats of death and hell are to blame. She screams at me that she's sick and tired of having to deal with me and doing everything for me, even though SHE is the one who is responsible for all her problems.

Don't matter if I call her out, she'll just say "that's what YOU think/feel", and when I say she only cares about her own feelings, she'll always reply "you don't worry about me, you worry about yourself! It's only you who has a problem!".

She whines and threatened me that she is no longer is taking me places and that I am going to find another way to have therapy. She acts like it's mundane, yet she has to constantly use her authoritarian ways and treats me like her pet.

If I dare step out of her standards, she will brutally attack me verbally and emotionally. And as usual, she says I am the problem yet plays the victim. "I thought you said YOU were the victim" she said. If I mention anything bad she does she screams out "YOU'RE LYING!!!!! WHEN DID I EVER SAY THAT?!!!!".

But if I say she's lying, she will go full fury and make threats to me. As for my therapist, if I dare make any convincing arguments that somehow people will not see things her way, she'll go "well why don't you go ahead and ASK her that then and we'll see what she says".

I told her she just wants to hear people agree with her and she got mad and said "no I don't! You're the one who wanted the make up that appointment so you can run your trap to that woman! You're trying to change everything up so it fits YOUR agenda!".

"You know what your problem is?" I ask, "you always play victim and find fault in everyone but yourself and fail to hold yourself accountable!". "You are putting words in your own mouth!" mom screamed.

"No, YOU are putting your words in my mouth!" I replied.

"I am sick and tired of your mouth, girl! If you don't shut your mouth, I will throw your ass out of this vehicle and you can walk your little ass home!" mom threatened. "Actually how about I just go right in there together and I will tell her everything that you said to me right in front of your face!! Then I'll watch you blabber your jaws out to her and see what she really thinks!"

Joke's on her cause she wanted nothing to do with me, and she sent me home with no dinner.

Unbeliever

I was adopted when I was 3 years old. The people who adopted me got divorced when I was 10, and neither wanted me so they put me in a boys' camp for about a year and a half. Then they put me into a foster home for about 4 years. Then when I screwed that up they put me into an orphanage until I ran away, got in trouble with the law and was offered a chance to join the Navy.
After I got into trouble with the law again and got kicked out of the Navy I was pretty screwed up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

My father tried to kill me three times. Never elevated me to pet status.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Son, yes I said son. There comes a time when we have to toss a flag and say "timeout". If you want to bring your issues here we have no problem with that and are accustomed to helping all our members as best we can. But at the same time, a little more info is needed for any of us to do justice to said presumed "advice". A little more background would be helpful before we simply allow you to denigrate parents or siblings or frankly anyone. Simply because there is a common saying that says....er....something about lookin in a mirror..So, let's have a better profile before we start slinging half assed bullshit at you such as move your ass out, which you may not be able to do...which also helps us give  you more appropriate advice.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Nopejustnotinterested

Quote from: aitm on December 29, 2023, 07:10:16 PMSon, yes I said son. There comes a time when we have to toss a flag and say "timeout". If you want to bring your issues here we have no problem with that and are accustomed to helping all our members as best we can. But at the same time, a little more info is needed for any of us to do justice to said presumed "advice". A little more background would be helpful before we simply allow you to denigrate parents or siblings or frankly anyone. Simply because there is a common saying that says....er....something about lookin in a mirror..So, let's have a better profile before we start slinging half assed bullshit at you such as move your ass out, which you may not be able to do...which also helps us give  you more appropriate advice.

I'll try to be more specific. Here goes...

I have already moved out two years ago, I try to place boundaries with my mom, however it doesn't work for her. She knows every move I make. I am turning 24 years old in January.

I was raised in a strict Christian household and I was told constantly that if I didn't get right with God, I would burn in hell for eternity when I die. My mom was extremely coddling but also emotionally neglectful.

She gave me every sort of material I didn't ask for. And I couldn't properly speak until I was 3 years old. I thought it was the norm. I was diagnosed with autism.

Mom grew more and more bitter as I got older and yearned to make more personal decisions. She would often lash out at me that she had fed me and bathed me and clothed me and I should be grateful for what she does for me. When I reassured her that dad is the one making the money, she'll reply with "at least he's doing his fair share, meanwhile you don't do s***". Right, because I have to make conditions for her right from the beginning because she gave me life, but if I don't do my share, then I'm apparently a lazy daughter. I'm an only child btw

Any sort of abuse that she commits against me, especially if I finally manage to call her out as an adult, she'll always revert it back to me and ask what have I done to make her do what she did to me.

Years of my life, I grew more and more depressed having to put up with her nonsense every day. When I was a kid, I wanted to move out, but my mom would always try to discourage me saying that I wouldn't survive long and no one would be there to cook and clean for me. Which is funny because she almost never lets anyone else help her, it always has to be ME.

She saw me as her miniature and believed that I should think and act like her (even though she constantly denied it, but I knew deep down). The problem is however, due to her constant pressure on me and treating me like Cinderella, I grew extremely depressed and unmotivated.

All these years mom kept calling me lazy and fat because I didn't work the way she wanted me to work (which is ironic because she was more overweight than I was). As I grew more depressed, I constantly thought of going to therapy, but my mom hated that idea, especially after one doctor's appointment when I was given a depression chart and I checked positive for depression, she assumed that I was going to be drugged to death.

After we got out of my doctor's appointment, I was asked if I would like to be scheduled an appointment to see a therapist, and I said yes. Mom was furious. She said that all what I said and did is going to be permanently written on my record and no one would see me as capable because they think I'm a mad man. I finally went to see a therapist when my appointment came, but not before my mom decided to make my day a living hell. She complained over how I was supposed to get cleaned up and my hair looked like absolute trash (I just took a shower and dried my hair last night before I went to bed). She is extremely fussy towards people with messy hair. I didn't see it as a big deal and tried to calm her down. She then got me fired up and made accusations against me over how indecent I am and that the public would find me repulsive, mind you it's all because of my HAIR.

When we finally walked out, I decided to call my dad in the car with my phone. Because my mom would not respect my privacy these days, she is bound to stick her nose in my business and hates it when I talk to people in private, because she assumes I'm talking s*** about her (which I am, because she deserves it for the way she treats me). The problem with her nosiness is that she thinks it's justified and she will object if I say anything about her she doesn't like. She screamed at me and accused me of lying because I said to dad that she has to make me talk on the phone in front of her because she's sick of me talking in private. That was how the fight all got started because mom had to run her trap because she wouldn't ignore me and mind her own business.

I went in by myself (although mom kept threatening me that she was going to march me in there and tell everything that happened to discredit my entire experience, which is ironic because she quickly changed her mind and said she wanted nothing to do with me and thus also threatened that she is no longer taking me anywhere because of the way I "acted" which apparently to her is that I'm always the one who starts a riot and she's sick of it and I have to find other way to go to therapy, she makes these threats every time she's mad and I told her she never means it and only does it to put me into submission) to see my therapist and she was the nicest person in my hometown. She truly understood my pain and experiences. My next therapist appointment is on February.

After I received my card and got back into the car, mom told me that she is taking me straight home with no dinner because she thinks I have behaved so badly that I deserve nothing. When I got home, I was very tired and sick, because I had nothing to eat since last night, so I called my dad to hand me some cold pizza that had been in the fridge for several days. Dad said that mom was mean after I told him what happened. I agreed.