News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Once Again, It's THE GAY'S Fault!

Started by stromboli, July 01, 2013, 03:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://skeptophilia.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... fires.html

QuoteMany of you have undoubtedly been following the news of the horrific wildfires, last week in Colorado and this week in Arizona.  Thus far these fires have cost millions of dollars in damages and at least 21 lives, 19 of whom were members of an elite firefighting team who died this weekend in a blaze near Phoenix.

These fires are thought to have multiple causes.  The southwest saw record or near-record temperatures last week, coupled with low rainfall.  Some people also attribute the severity of the fires, especially in Colorado, to the population explosion of the pine bark beetle, which has killed huge stands of ponderosa pines all through the Rocky Mountains.  But in so attributing the fires to these reasons, people are ignoring the role of the most powerful natural-disaster-creating force known to man:

Gays.

Yes, gays.  According to Colorado pastors Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner, the recent fires are god's wrath against the people of Colorado for their liberal attitudes toward homosexuality.

In an interview on Generations Radio, the two ministers were clearly in agreement about what was going on here.  Said Buehner, "Why Colorado Springs?  Understand that Colorado itself is a state that is begging for God's judgment.  How did we do that?...  Our legislative session opened up this year and their very first order of business, their most pressing order of business..."  Swanson then interrupted with, "... they could hardly wait, they could hardly wait..."  And Buehner finished, "Like the first day, was to pass a Civil Union Bill, which is an uncivil bill."

And, of course, the whole thing wouldn't be complete without some mention of gay guys kissing, in this case State Senate Majority Leader Mark Ferrendino kissing his partner when they found out that the Civil Union Bill had passed, a photograph of which appeared on the front page of the Denver Post.  Said Swanson:

"When you have a state where the House leadership is performing a homosexual act on the front page of the Denver Post two months ago?  Does God read the Denver Post?  Do you think He picks up a copy of the Denver Post?  He gets it.  God gets the Denver Post."

Delivered right to His Almighty Doorstep, I'm sure.

Then, the question came up as to why, if god was trying to smite Colorado for supporting gays, the fires hit the religious and conservative areas near Colorado Springs, rather than far more liberal bastions of Denver or Boulder.  Buehner said, "Judgment begins in the House of God," as if that made complete sense, and added that the fact that god hadn't yet destroyed the entire state was an "act of grace."

Gee, I was in the exact area where the fires are from the 18th to the 26th. Didn't see a single Gay couple, not a one. Saw major Pine Beetle Damage, however. It's them damn Gays again. There oughta be a law.  [-X

Youssuf Ramadan

Fucking fundies.  Full of shite.  It always makes me laugh when they go on about the tornadoes being God's punishment for the liberal attitudes to teh gheyz, seemingly blissfully unaware that tornado alley cuts right through the bible belt.

These people are a piss-poor advert for Christianity - the milk of human kindness is conspicuously absent in many of their most prominent spokesmen.  Makes me want to call it Cretianity.....  :roll:

Solitary

Great examples of a logical fallacies called: "A non sequitur, Hasty Generalization, False Analogy, Slothful Induction, and Fallacy of Exclusion." Only a neurotic or a Master of Slick Maneuvers could make this many mistakes in sound thinking in one statement.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

I would have though the recent lifting on the ban on hemp would have more to do with it.

AllPurposeAtheist

They let them flaming drag queens in the state. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Yea, saw this on Facebook, what a fucking scumbag.

No you fucking moron, the fires are started by mundane reality by lightening, or the stupidity of humans with campfires or cigarettes or arson.

God is not punishing gays anymore than Mickey Mouse punishes cats.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Colanth

Actually they got it almost right.  You'll notice the total lack of forest fires in New York.  The Colorado forest fires are God's way of telling Colorado that a civil union bill isn't enough, he wants gay marriage, the way his chosen people, New Yorkers, have done.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Fine..ignore the flaming drag queen issue at your own peril. [-X I personally have nothing against flaming drag queens and some of my best friends are flaming drag queens, but we all know what happens when you get a state with dry tinder and trees together with flaming drag queens..  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Well, I for one am not surprised by these idiots.  You just had to know someone was going to say this on TV.

stromboli

Are we regressing socially? The level of stupidity is mind boggling.

Mermaid

Quote from: "stromboli"Are we regressing socially? The level of stupidity is mind boggling.
I am starting to think so.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

StupidWiz

Yea... it's our fault, sorry guys. LOL

:rollin:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Fine..ignore the flaming drag queen issue at your own peril. [-X I personally have nothing against flaming drag queens and some of my best friends are flaming drag queens, but we all know what happens when you get a state with dry tinder and trees together with flaming drag queens..  :-k

Yes, like when you get atheists around a grill and kittens.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Agramon

Quote from: "stromboli"Are we regressing socially? The level of stupidity is mind boggling.
Social media and the internet have just allowed the morons who were always there to be heard more often. I think we're finally getting a good look at how dumb we've always been.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Jason78

Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner ought to be ashamed of themselves.  Good men have died fighting these fires trying to keep them safe.

What exactly are they doing to help?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato