If you can believe in your real beginning, you will know thyself.

Started by Greatest I am, December 11, 2023, 02:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

If you can believe in your real beginning, you will know thyself.

Knowing thyself is said to be the main way of gaining knowledge.

I took my wife time travelling, mentally that is, the other night, from our present time, down to where she first became aware of herself as alive. Her "I am" moment.

At her present time, I had her admit that she was working towards her best possible end to her life. Just as I and all those who are reading this do. We do this perpetually and constantly.

I then had her follow her timeline back to her beginning, having to admit that her best end was always her prime focus, as it is with all life. Amendment. She agreed to all times except for the "I am". I don't know what to make of this lack of logic after following a plain logic trail. This aside.

"I am", read that as "you and I", is quite selfish. Universal this in life.

Some thank God. I thank nature and my God, I am, should he/I end in being real.

We are all expressed by our DNA and chemistry. It produces a material dualism that has most of us thinking in a body soul way. 95%.

What is the best end to our bodies, given that our DNA is telling us we are the best of breed?

Read that as King or Queen, or Alpha/Beta in our physical animal reality.

What is the best end for our bodies and souls is that we should try to become leaders of humans?

Gawdzilla Sama

QuoteWhat IF the best end for our bodies and souls is that we should try to become leaders of humans?
?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

GIA, i am a fan of all-you-can-eat buffets as much as the next guy.
But isn't this a bit much wordsalad?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 11, 2023, 03:23:55 PM?

What would you suggest as a better end?
Remember that I'm retired military, so to me a "leader" is someone behind me prodding me along from a position of relative safety.

The better end would be to be a person that most of humanity would hold up as the very icon of a good person.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 11, 2023, 03:29:53 PMGIA, i am a fan of all-you-can-eat buffets as much as the next guy.
But isn't this a bit much wordsalad?

I do my best.

I just hope the truth in it is recognized, even as in some ways, it is a hard truth to take.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 11, 2023, 04:37:12 PMRemember that I'm retired military, so to me a "leader" is someone behind me prodding me along from a position of relative safety.

The better end would be to be a person that most of humanity would hold up as the very icon of a good person.

Leaders are always the most secure. That is why our selfish gene pushes us to climb the safety ladder. Part of the last phrase in the O.P.

I also agree with you, Jesus and your last. We need to elect a new Jesus or God.

Gaia better be close to whichever Jesus, or best man on the planet, we ellect.

Soonest is best but the world is not even looking for a good man.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 11, 2023, 04:37:52 PMBut not Bleu chunks?
Well, chunky Bleu cheese is the best. 😺
Preferably Marie's Bleu Cheese!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 11, 2023, 04:46:52 PMLeaders are always the most secure.
Not always secure. Avoid sweeping generalizations. You'll sound smarter then.
PZ Myers

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 11, 2023, 05:32:42 PMNot always secure. Avoid sweeping generalizations. You'll sound smarter then.
What would help you, stupid?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

aitm

I find it sadly amusing that the handful-relatively speaking- of humans that were responsible for all the technology and advancement of human achievement are considered equals by the 99%  who could not make a clay pot. And as such, consider themselves to be far more than a graduated squirrel or goldfish, and under such delusions as to propose they are indeed sufficiently aware of the universe and it's constraints to the point where they ignore the universal constraints. But hey, we need a sad laugh from time to time.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust