News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

State of ourselves

Started by aitm, December 08, 2023, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Greetings all! If you remember, I like to find out how everyone is doing as we reach a new year. First however, I, or rather we, will be issuing a state of the site later on this month, but briefly, we are stable but will be needing some donations around mid January, but I will save that for when we get some more clarity.

I am entering my 14th year here, and we have seen a lot of changes over the years. Where once we were quite robust and challenged daily by the pod-heads, we are now more..well...kinda off the beaten path. Most of which was self induced by the membership who frankly got tired of the pod-heads. That is always open to discussion if we wish to lessen the locks on the door. But more perhaps is the concept of the chat room I fear is slowly passing by in-favor of the instant gratification and "gotcha" of newer social media. Let's face it, chat rooms are on the way out. But not dead yet. We can discuss all that later.

How is everyone? I know many are facing multiple challenges in,life as we...er...get slightly longer in " the tooth". Myself included. But I have had a good year, some minor knee surgery back in March, very minor, all good, but still a little slow to stretch. Feet nueropathy...or however it's spelled, annoying as fuck and I find myself having to wear socks in bed. Gad zooks! I'm my mother!

The fam is doing fine in all important aspects, work is especially good, been with these guys going on 5 now and I guessed I buffalowed them into thinking I was good. So, hey! Score one for me. All in all...I am fortunate for now, no complaints big enough to cry about....yet. Still live in Melbourne Fl, though thinking of moving more north but doubt if that will ever happen...getting lazy and hell, I like the little house and my gardens. 2 years to retirement, I am waiting till 70. So shoe...you better act fast cause my clock is ticking faster...😁.

Anyway, I know I have it better than most and this is my time to brag and laud it over you..."laud"?. So give us an update on you....we've known each other for years now. How ya doing?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Hey, if you got it, flaunt it!
I'm having the time of my life, now that I don't have to worry about working for "da man"!
I'm not exactly "long in the tooth," given that I have no teeth left, but I am getting kinda old, since I'm 67.
But I think 67 is the new 50.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Dark Lightning

Well. 71 years old, got uncle Arthur visiting various (most) joints. Was at the doctor today about a "nodule" on my right hand ring finger. Not arthritis, but it needs to be removed and that's 6-8 weeks in the future. Wife wants to visit her relatives (cousins she met once back in the '70s on her first European vacation) in various parts of Europe, not something I want to partake in. One, not my relatives; two, she wants to tour the fucking continent, and the arthritis in my feet has resulted in 5 or 6 (I've lost count) surgeries. That visit will involve a lot more walking than I have any interest partaking in. I can get my steps in pretty much every day, but it's a struggle. I'm thinking of kissing her on the forehead and watching her fly off into the sunrise. Don't have much energy either, due to low red blood cell count from a bone marrow disease. That doesn't help, either.
/DebbieDowner

Gawdzilla Sama

73 in a few weeks. New home, 18 months now. Paid cash, so I'm doing okay.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Jeez, I guess none of us are exactly spring chickens, huh?
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

You kids need to keep the noise down!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 09, 2023, 12:17:38 PMAnd get off my lawn! 🤣
And stop stealin' my REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT signs!!!!!
PZ Myers

aitm

Be happy we all don't start yapping about our grandkids......oy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Be kinda hard for me to yap about my grandkids since I don't have any... 🤪
God Not Found

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 09, 2023, 02:48:24 PMBe kinda hard for me to yap about my grandkids since I don't have any... 🤪
You shouldn't have said anything. Imagine someone going off for 20 telling everyone how great they is and then you can simply invent a Pulitzer Prize winning grand at only the age of 6....😁

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 09, 2023, 02:48:24 PMBe kinda hard for me to yap about my grandkids since I don't have any... 🤪
High Five! I only got tagged once. But, for that one, as the  old saying goes, "if you get cut by a buzz saw you can't blame one tooth."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

32 here. Loving this website. It is the right amount of chill for me.
I'm willing to help keep it going with a donation.
Which is honestly the only thing online, apart from streaming sites, i am willing to pay for.

Doing fine, though i am hoping for some changes in my private life. I feel my longing to become a father rise every passing week.

I thought about applying for another job at my company. One as complaints handler. Ultimately decided against it. The better pqy was alluring but i think the job would not have satisfied me. Ir is very solitary work and nobody is pleased to see you
But now, it seems one of our staffers is going to quit.
I could apply for that job. It has the same better pay as the handler job did, and i would be involved with making social policy rather than only enacting it.
However, i think my boss, who is one of three people who would get to decide, might have someone else in mind.
But i am going to try. Never try, never win.

Anyway, i wish the lot of you happy holidays. You guys are truly great.
And even the days i don't post anything, i enjoy lurking qnd rrading your posts.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GrinningYMIR

I'm not dead but things have changed a bit.

Got my master's, got engaged, got unengaged and single, had lymphoma, don't have lymphoma anymore. And somehow became a publicist. Don't ask me
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Gawdzilla Sama

You must have really pissed off the elder gods.
PZ Myers