News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Zero Punctuation ends.

Started by the_antithesis, November 14, 2023, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, the maker of Zero Punctuation for the website the Escapist has quit the site which effectively ends the long-runner series after sixteen years. There are articles out there on what happened, but the basics are the site owners fired editor-in-chief Nick Calandra for vague reasons leading Croshaw and others on the site to resign in solidarity. It's rather odd to me as over the last decade and a half, there have been numerous staff changes and he'd always stayed put, but no longer. Interesting that he felt strongly enough about Calandra to join him in their new venture, the poorly-named Second Wind. So far, it appears to be fairly content-free and locked behind a patreon wall.

This is an end of an era. I've been watching Zero Punctuation since the Bioshock video and now I won't have that particular marker for the days of the week, like when I stopped going to church or when Mork & Mindy was cancelled. It's a sad day, but hopefully these creators can bounce back and this new project can get a better name.