Israel vs Hamas War

Started by Cassia, October 15, 2023, 08:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Well it's about time!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Israeli forces basically bisected Gaza strip by moving forces in from the north while also moving troops through the geographic center of the Gaza Strip - from Israel all the way to the sea.  So no one gets in or out of that northern part of the Gaza Strip, which includes Gaza City.

Now, they seem to have surrounded Gaza City as well.

Cassia

So much for some of the practitioners of Islam integrating into French culture. Christianity had its reign of terror. I guess now it is time for Islam.

Hydra009

Yeah, there have been a lot of disturbing comments about Jews caught on video lately.  Not Israelis, but Jews in general.  To a lesser extent, there's also a similar confusion with Hamas and Palestinians.

I want to believe that the Free Palestine people have a similarly principled stand as the Free Tibet people and they by and large are simply opposed to civilian deaths (which I'm obviously sympathetic with, given my strong stance on Ukraine) and these are just outliers.

Similarly, on telegram, there have also been some very dim views of Muslims in general, which is strange because Hamas doesn't even accurately reflect the wishes of the Gazans, let alone Palestinians, let alone Muslims in general.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 03, 2023, 02:50:45 PMYeah, there have been a lot of disturbing comments about Jews caught on video lately.  Not Israelis, but Jews in general.  To a lesser extent, there's also a similar confusion with Hamas and Palestinians.

I want to believe that the Free Palestine people have a similarly principled stand as the Free Tibet people and they by and large are simply opposed to civilian deaths (which I'm obviously sympathetic with, given my strong stance on Ukraine) and these are just outliers.

Similarly, on telegram, there have also been some very dim views of Muslims in general, which is strange because Hamas doesn't even accurately reflect the wishes of the Gazans, let alone Palestinians, let alone Muslims in general.

It sure would be a better world if the Russians overthrew Putin and the Palestinians squashed Hamas and gathered world support to peaceably attain non-extremist autonomy.
They are afraid and somehow even after all of this, they just don't want it bad enough.

Hydra009

I agree, though as an American - I'm not sure if I have enough of a moral high ground to wag the finger at regions taken over and then subsequently held hostage by comparatively small but extremely powerful groups of nationalists and/or religious fundamentalist extremists.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2023, 01:31:55 AMI agree, though as an American - I'm not sure if I have enough of a moral high ground to wag the finger at regions taken over and then subsequently held hostage by comparatively small but extremely powerful groups of nationalists and/or religious fundamentalist extremists.
Agreed. The US paid the price for bone-headed foreign policy, sometimes even if "God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq". Holy Fuck. And we will pay again if we elect that friggin authoritarian nitwit again, trust me. The people cannot escape part responsibility, at least, for the actions of their governments, especially if it is a democracy, or sort of a democracy like the US.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cassia on November 04, 2023, 09:41:52 AMAgreed. The US paid the price for bone-headed foreign policy, sometimes even if "God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq". Holy Fuck. And we will pay again if we elect that friggin authoritarian nitwit again, trust me. The people cannot escape part responsibility, at least, for the actions of their governments, especially if it is a democracy, or sort of a democracy like the US.
bUt He dIdN'T sTaRt AnY nEw WarS! /s
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cassia

Antisemitism increasingly manifesting itself in the US and Europe. Once again, I wonder; is the worship of Allah incompatible with peaceful coexistence with all the other belief systems or non-belief? The Koran is very specific on this. Can these verses be ignored?

Cassia

I really hate all religion right now. Will this nonsense ever go away?

Unbeliever

Yes, it will go away, when humans are extinct.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Cassia

There is enough bloody blame to go around in this war, but Bobby was just telling me the mass murderer/terrorist, Osama bin Laden is now a pro-Palestinian tic-tok hero? Liberalism is chewing on its own tail. And tRump is winning the polls. Of course, he is.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on November 18, 2023, 07:22:02 PMThere is enough bloody blame to go around in this war, but Bobby was just telling me the mass murderer/terrorist, Osama bin Laden is now a pro-Palestinian tic-tok hero?
Yeah, that part's mystifying to me as well.  Apparently, it's news that American military adventurism in the Middle East was/is a bad thing and that people there have some legitimate grievances with the US?  Though murdering fellow muslims and a ton of civilians (the Quran itself has notes about that) in retaliation is probably not the best idea in the world.

Also, I'd be curious to hear if any of those tiktok users ever made it to the Wahhabi Caliphate part of bin Laden's mastermi-plan.

So yeah, a few crazies on an already pretty crazy platform don't speak for me.