News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Satanism on the Rise

Started by Blackleaf, October 06, 2023, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

I find myself empathizing with Satanists the more I learn about them. It turns out they're not a religious group (depending on your definition of "religion"). They don't believe in any gods, they don't think demons actually exist. They're more of a political group that is intentionally provocative, basically giving the middle finger to politically motivated, evangelical Christians. You can technically be a Satanist Christian, as long as its symbols don't make you too uncomfortable. Their main motivation seems to be to push back against unjust authority, whether it be Christian nationalism, our extremely corrupt police force, or any other authority that abuses its power.

It's interesting that many of them come from marginalized groups. While anecdotal, When Genetically Modified Skeptic went to SatanCon, he found himself wondering if anyone else around him was straight/CIS. It makes sense when you think about it. If you're already being demonized by evangelical Christians anyway, why not take that and run with it?

To be clear, Genetically Modified Skeptic is not a Satanist. He just sees them as a positive force. AronRa, however, did somewhat recently identify as Satanist. The way he described it, he was already a Satanist. He just didn't realize it yet.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SoldierofFortune

What I like the most about satan is his rebellion to god, saying: "Non Serviam". He is opposed to god's establisment, which makes him worthy of my sympath.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on October 06, 2023, 02:24:54 PMWhat I like the most about satan is his rebellion to god, saying: "Non Serviam". He is opposed to god's establisment, which makes him worthy of my sympath.

I think that's part of why they use him as their symbol. Satan, in Christian myths, rebelled against the ultimate of unjust authority figures. Heck, if you buy the idea that the serpent in the Garden of Eden is Satan (which definitely is not the original intention), he's also the guy who called God out on his lie and gave humans their free will. God in that story wanted to keep humans under his thumb. He lied to the humans about what the fruit from the tree of knowledge would do to them, because he didn't want them to become like him and understand the concepts of good and evil. Later, God removed them from the garden because he didn't want them to become immortal and be elevated to his status.
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Isn't the GOP a Satanist organization? After all, just look at their elephant logo, with those 3 pentagrams on it...
🤔
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 06, 2023, 03:28:39 PMIsn't the GOP a Satanist organization? After all, just look at their elephant logo, with those 3 pentagrams on it...
🤔

No. Those are upside down stars. A pentagram has a circle around the star, and the star isn't typically filled in. Also, their "values" (if you can call them that) are completely incompatible with Satanism. Ironic that the group that wants to force Jesus on us is less Christ-like than the freaking Satanists. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 06, 2023, 03:28:39 PMIsn't the GOP a Satanist organization? After all, just look at their elephant logo, with those 3 pentagrams on it...
🤔
Satanic, not Satanist.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

ferdmonger

Heck, anything that exposes Christianity as the farce it is is fine with me.