ACC. NO. 851-5
TITLE: 4th Air Army Operations, 1944 - 1945
Japanese Studies in World War II
AGENCY OF ORIGIN
Historical Section, G-2, GHQ, FEC

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF MILITARY HISTORY
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
WASHINGTON 25, D. C.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

But in that instant of darkness, the night swept in. A great wing folded over the abyss. Many owls hooted. Many mice scampered and slithered in the shadows. A million tiny murders happened somewhere.
                           ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
Reading: Ray Bradberry, The Halloween Tree

I was thinking, geez, in the insect world alone the carnage is off the charts. Not to mention all the fish in the sea. Hardly any creature on this planet, big or small escapes being eaten alive.

Gawdzilla Sama

"IMPERIAL GENERAL HEADQUARTERS
Navy General Command
Established 25 Apr 45"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

It's my birthday tomorrow, but i'm required to go to a reception for work. Not too bad, was going to celebrate my birthday saturday insteaf anyways

But the gf insisted i open my gift today, as we might hardly see one another tomorrow.

She got me the full dark tower series.

I am excited to give it a try.
Heard some of you say it was a bit of a slog, but i do really like that she got me this. It's a big gift and i would not have bought it for myself in a while, while wanting to.
She knows me well ^^
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Is that the one that has lobstrosities?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Only one way to find out, i guess

Unbeliever

I read part of it decades ago, don't remember it very well.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Reading "MARS LIFE", the third in Ben Bova's "Mars" trilogy, from the '80s. Never read him before, this trilogy was a good read.
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Half whay through the gunslinger after a day.

It's a bit absurd/surreal, which i am usually not the greatest fan of.
But i was expecting that in part after seeing that movie with the gf. And it works better on paper, though i do feel like i am missing lot of context.

But intriguing enough. Enough mystique. Enough gritt.
Darker feel than the movie, which is an improvement.
I like it so far.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 30, 2024, 03:18:00 PMIt's my birthday tomorrow, but i'm required to go to a reception for work. Not too bad, was going to celebrate my birthday saturday insteaf anyways

But the gf insisted i open my gift today, as we might hardly see one another tomorrow.

She got me the full dark tower series.

I am excited to give it a try.
Heard some of you say it was a bit of a slog, but i do really like that she got me this. It's a big gift and i would not have bought it for myself in a while, while wanting to.
She knows me well ^^

Well, I haven't done it myself, but when you get to the end, it ends kind of anti-climatically and then King himself apologizes for it and says there's a real ending but you won't like it. It's just a couple pages later. But you're really not going to like it. And it's the kind of stupid idea I would have come up with.

So, just remember it's the journey with this one.

Mr.Obvious

Aight.
No spoilers though!
We'll see. Can't be worse than how GOT ended.

Gawdzilla Sama

But ... it was an epic whimper!
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I found, on YouTube, an audiobook version of a great book that I read many years ago, called The Time Ships. It's by Stephen Baxter, and is a sequel to the original TheTime Machine. The time traveler returns to 1891 and decides to go back to the future in order to save Weena, because he left her in a somewhat precarious situation.
But, as often happens with the best-laid plans o' mice and men, he finds that he will be completely unable to save Weena from her fate.
Wonderful adventures ensue!
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Started that one. May go back to it.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

It's certainly worth returning to!
God Not Found