I'm seriously considering joining the Church of...

Started by Primal, September 20, 2023, 11:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal

... The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Is it legit? I know that philosophy books never address it, but I heard that one of their holidays is literally approved as a legitimate, religious holiday (for their religion) in the United States or something.

I'm thinking of being a part of that Church and just never ever breaking character and making my friends and family convinced that I actually believe all the stuff.

It's definitely less creepy than being a LaVeyan Sex Addict.

Unbeliever

I don't know about "legit," but it might be fun... 🖖
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Primal

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 21, 2023, 12:06:18 AMI don't know about "legit," but it might be fun... 🖖

Here's a quote directly from their website...

"The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, after having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, came into the mainstream just a few years ago*.

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshipers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

Some claim that the church is purely a thought experiment or satire, illustrating that Intelligent Design is not science, just a pseudoscience manufactured by Christians to push Creationism into public schools. These people are mistaken — The Church of FSM is legit, and backed by hard science. Anything that comes across as humor or satire is purely coincidental."

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm joining the Church of Him. May his Eye always be open.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Gawdzilla Sama

Actually, the Church of Him was founded by Howard Groat Littlemead on New Scotland.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I just found a limerick I wrote way back in 2007 and posted over at JREF:

The FSM appeared in my dreams-
He was singing a love song with the Sepremes!
But when I awoke,
And sucked up a toke,
I realized I'd simply had too much Jim Beam's!

🤪
God Not Found

Jason Harvestdancer

Be careful, there exists a heretical offshoot of the church of FSM.  This offshoot thinks the meatballs aren't emphasized enough.

Spaghetti and Pulsar Activating Meatballs - SPAM
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Primal

Well, whoever this Spaghetti god is, I don't want any of his "noodly appendage" touching me or my girl.

Unbeliever

God Not Found