Utah primary schools ban Bible for 'vulgarity and violence'

Started by Hydra009, June 03, 2023, 10:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65794363

This law was of course designed to promote banning LGBTQ-related books under the guise of "protecting children" in the most blatant embrace of fascist censorship practices yet by the Republican Party.

QuoteThe Utah state lawmaker who wrote the 2022 law had previously dismissed the Bible removal request as a "mockery", but changed course this week after calling it a "challenging read" for younger children.
Of course it's a mockery, a censorship law so broad that basically anything can be removed is VERY mockable.  As is the underlying idea that censorship in general - and associated book BBQs - is a good idea.

Quote"I can't think of what's in the Bible that you would have to take out of it. Its not like there's pictures in it," he said.
*shines SkepticsAnnotatedBible spotlight like it's the bat-signal*

You can always tell the people who haven't read it because they assume it's all sunshine and rainbows.  Smh.

Unbeliever

Hardly anyone has read it. If more people would they'd see how badly we've all been lied to. I recently bought a new one just so I could read it again!
I had a couple of JWs at my door the other day and I was glad I had it so I could point out the flaws I have problems with. They were sorely disappointed. 🥸
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman