Religious fictional characters who are actually awesome?

Started by Primal, July 04, 2023, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal

We all obviously don't appreciate real-life religious people. So within the world of fiction, which religious characters do you think are awesome?

Personally, I would say the protagonist of FFXIV and the Greybeards in Skyrim. I would also put my vote on Emperor Uriel Septim in Oblivion. The dude seems like the cool grandpa type.

Something most people haven't heard about is the game Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. There was a charismatic war hero there named Augustus and the game really portrays him as very charismatic.

And of course, we have Jesus from the Bible. That work of fiction portrays a powerful Jew with the ability to get back up from death. That's pretty badass. He also worships himself while he's not in his personal abode in the sky.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Yeah, Jesus is a very righteous hero all right.  Cursing a fig tree for not producing fruit out of season (and he was the one who created those 'seasons'--right) or causing pigs to run off a cliff and kill themselves.  He set up Judas to 'betray' him so he could be put on the cross--destroyed Judas for his own ego and plans.  Yeah, Jesus was a real standup kind of guy.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 04, 2023, 03:40:37 PMSamson.

You'd think Samson would at least wear a helmet or something. One swipe to his hair and it's all over.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Primal on July 04, 2023, 02:29:36 PMWe all obviously don't appreciate real-life religious people. So within the world of fiction, which religious characters do you think are awesome?
Babylon 5's G'Kar:

And Brother Alwyn Macomber (a priest in Earth's past-apocalyptic future, a spy secretly trying to trigger a new renaissance)

Also, Nightcrawler