News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What do you hate more?

Started by Susan, March 28, 2023, 11:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Top Gun: Maverick or the insane right-wingnuts who have praised this movie to the heavens?

the_antithesis

Unbeliever

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't hate it. I try not to hate people, but I can't help but have great dislike for right-wing traitors that I don't care to name, since just thinking about them riles me up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Susan

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 29, 2023, 12:09:30 AMI haven't seen the movie, so I don't hate it.

God, I wish I was you. My insane ex-friend who is a right-wingnut, invited me to see the movie, didn't show up, and then started harrassing me for months on end about how "this movie is free from woke-craziness" or some shit. I didn't even know what "woke" meant until this fucking movie appeared.

I just wish I did never see this piece of shit.

the_antithesis

I didn't care for the original all that much, so I saw little reason to watch the later-day sequel.

Mr.Obvious

Haven't seen it. Hard to hate it.
No one talks to me about it either though.
Seems like an american deal.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 29, 2023, 01:46:04 AMSeems like an american deal.

You have no idea how fortunate you are.

Susan

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 29, 2023, 01:46:04 AMHaven't seen it. Hard to hate it.
No one talks to me about it either though.
Seems like an american deal.

What is an "american deal"? Google brought me up zip...

aitm

I liked it. Didn't have a lot of that "hoorah" American shit, just typical jingoistic stuff. Course Neil Tyson destroys that early scene where he ejects at Mach 10, says he would have been splattered instantly at that speed. Non the less, it was a fun lil romp, I don't get any, nor have I heard anyone blathering bout "murica" due to the movie.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Susan on March 29, 2023, 02:54:52 AMWhat is an "american deal"? Google brought me up zip...
"Something 'only [some group] likes.' "
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Susan on March 28, 2023, 11:54:17 PMTop Gun: Maverick or the insane right-wingnuts who have praised this movie to the heavens?
not only do I not hate either--I don't care one way or the other.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Susan

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 29, 2023, 09:10:10 AMnot only do I not hate either--I don't care one way or the other.

You must be so proud...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Susan on April 01, 2023, 11:32:48 PMYou must be so proud...
Yeah--Yeah, I am.  Aren't you?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Susan on March 28, 2023, 11:54:17 PMTop Gun: Maverick or the insane right-wingnuts who have praised this movie to the heavens?
You spelled "disdain" wrong.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Susan

Did anyone watch this year's Oscars ceremony?