News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by Cariboo, April 20, 2023, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cariboo

I am a 76 year old fella living in Western Canada. I was born in Montana and spent the years from 5 to 15 in Utah. Through no fault of my own I was exposed to the Mormon cult but can't say I ever bought the story they were selling. Our family moved to Canada 60 years ago and I have never wanted to live anywhere else. I have never believed in any god although I sometimes wonder if there could be a "mother nature" and that she may be doing her best to regain some semblance of balance by reducing the population. But that would be a belief in the supernatural in the same order of crazy as a belief in god. No I'm confident that the storms and wars that are killing so many are not the wrath of some deity but caused by our own arrogance. Looking forward to this forum.   

Gawdzilla Sama

Welcome, and be assured that the crazy is voluntary. And catching.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Dark Lightning

Unbeliever

Hi Cariboo! It's about time you showed up, I've been waiting for you! 🖖

I've read a few books about Mormons who did horrible things claiming to be prophets of God. Glad you avoided that scene. 😱
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman