Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God is great

Started by M, February 16, 2023, 07:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

O

Mike Cl

Quote from: ManUfan on February 16, 2023, 07:54:37 AMOn BBC news the other day there was a report from Turkey on the rescue efforts in the aftermath of the earthquake.
A few very lucky individuals were rescued after days of being trapped beneath the rubble.

There were people praising God shouting "God is great, God is great."

It really saddens me to see indoctrination at work in communities that have been devistated in this way.
Also there has been an overuse of the word miraculous by news outlets, using that sort of language only strengthens the idea that a higher power has intervened in some way.

What's wrong with using the word lucky when describing an occurrence that was just that?

God is great!  He just caused/allowed an earthquake that killed tens of thousands!  Isn't that great?!?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Thank God I'm not religious!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Yeah, well, according to Perry White, Caesar's ghost was great too (or was it just Caesar? Or was it just the ghost? I get so confused...). 🤔
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

M

Co

Gawdzilla Sama

Great Lakes system surface area: 94,250 mi²

Caspian Sea: Area: 143,244 mi²
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Primal

Humans are greater than God. After all, we created him in our heads.