News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We are going backward

Started by Mike Cl, December 17, 2022, 06:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Anti-LGBTQ Hate Thrives Online, Spurs Fears Of More Violence

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-lgbtq-hate-speech_n_639e280de4b044143047f98f

As a child in Alabama I learned that 'queer' and 'homo' were swear words.  We had queer Thursday, and wearing yellow was a sign one was queer.  And homo were headed straight to hell for being queer was totally a persons choice.  As I grew older and moved out of Ala. that particular drumbeat subsided.  I learned that being queer was not a matter of choice but biology.  As an adult I learned that being homo was as natural as being hetro.  And I thought the major effort of homosexuals to become mainstream was basically finished.  How wrong I was!  We are going backward sliding even past the 50's way to believing to the middle ages, it seems. 

Many have celebrated the defeat of maga and the like in the midterms.  And now the dems are seemingly become complacent. Yes, the maga types did not do well in the midterms but that does not mean they will not rebound in the next election.  Maga types have not gone away and I suspect that the violence against gays will not stop, but only become worse.  and don't think the maga's have given up the idea of a violent overthrow of this govt. 

Why is the DOJ so silent???  This is only encouraging the violence to continue and uptick even more.  I am afraid of hard times coming.  I really, really do hope I am totally wrong.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

At my  high school in Indiana I was informed that only gay men wore pink.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

When I was in the 8th grade (I went to a different school every year) I was at the school's Xmas party when one of the local bullies said I tie my tie "like a queer" so I socked him up a couple of times. When the teacher, Mrs. Kuykendal, a sweet old lady, asked me why I'd done it and I told her he'd called me a queer, she said that was no reason to hit a guy, so I asked "Mrs. Kuykendal, do you know what queers do?" She turned beet red (so I guess she did know) and sent the other kid to the Principal's office!
I felt kind of bad about it later, but none of those bullies ever bothered me after that.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman