News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christian experiencer testimony

Started by NagaMorningstar, December 12, 2022, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NagaMorningstar

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 14, 2022, 12:45:05 PMFirstly, that's hardly an answer to my question. But still, secondly, if you are referring to those decade and a half old surveys, for a source of that claim, i do suggest you also look into the criticism on said surveys. Especially seeing as they don't match the consistent surveys going back to over a century before.

Regardless of one half of iceland not being a substantial blip on the grand count of the global population. (And thats coming froms someone from a tiny country as is.)

Not that it really matters all that much. To be honest. But i studied sociology and as such, such misrepresentations and faulty surveys are a pet peeve of mine.

Not every people has gnomes. The kind shown as garden gnomes come from Northern Europe. There are however different types of "little people" found worldwide and I'm told they don't get along with each other.

Mike Cl

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 12:48:18 PMNot every people has gnomes. The kind shown as garden gnomes come from Northern Europe. There are however different types of "little people" found worldwide and I'm told they don't get along with each other.

You are so right about that.  I am sooooooo tired of the little people battles going on in my area--they raise such a ruckus that it is hard to even think sometimes.  Why did god create these things??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 12:48:18 PMNot every people has gnomes. The kind shown as garden gnomes come from Northern Europe. There are however different types of "little people" found worldwide and I'm told they don't get along with each other.

Did they tell you that themselves?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2022, 12:52:35 PMYou are so right about that.  I am sooooooo tired of the little people battles going on in my area--they raise such a ruckus that it is hard to even think sometimes.  Why did god create these things??????
Without context, this was a fucking trip.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

NagaMorningstar

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 14, 2022, 01:04:56 PMDid they tell you that themselves?

Yes. More info is During witchcraft trials they were noted to work for Satan. King James of King James Bible wrote a book called demonology about demons, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc and was a witch hunter because he prosecuted them

GSOgymrat

My reality is far less interesting than NagaMorningstar's.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 01:40:23 PMYes. More info is During witchcraft trials they were noted to work for Satan. King James of King James Bible wrote a book called demonology about demons, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc and was a witch hunter because he prosecuted them

If the little people ever tell you to start hurting 'normal' people, just promise me you'll talk to a shrink about it, before taking action.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

NagaMorningstar

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 14, 2022, 01:54:54 PMIf the little people ever tell you to start hurting 'normal' people, just promise me you'll talk to a shrink about it, before taking action.

I'm not crazy but I understand while you might think that. I would've thought that when I was an atheist. King James of KJV Bible wrote a book about demonology including witches, demons, vamps, werewolves, etc and in his witchcraft trials it was noted gnomes were working for Satan so a Christian should believe this stuff as that is what witchcraft is about.

Blackleaf

King James, the author of the worst English translation of the Bible. It barely qualifies as a translation.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 01:40:23 PMYes. More info is During witchcraft trials they were noted to work for Satan. King James of King James Bible wrote a book called demonology about demons, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc and was a witch hunter because he prosecuted them
You seem to be one of the most gullible people I've conversed with.  I can tell you have never studied the King James version of the bible.  It is called error central and there have been more editions of it than you would believe.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

NagaMorningstar

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2022, 03:14:52 PMYou seem to be one of the most gullible people I've conversed with.  I can tell you have never studied the King James version of the bible.  It is called error central and there have been more editions of it than you would believe.

I read it along with niv, berean and the literal translation. Biblehub.com gives you ability to see all the translations you want then to see the Hebrew and Greek original with the strongs definitions. I think that is the best way to do it. I've also learned a bit of torah and Hebrew. I think KJV is pretty good and actually adds some benefit with poetic translation that only someone initiated by God would truly understand unless maybe someone that was initiated told them.

I don't agree I'm that gullible but definitely way moreso than when I was an atheist. I've just seen and experienced a lot of supernatural stuff to know amazing things are possible. I used to be an atheist for 15 years so I know what it is like to not believe in anything but what scientists say as I would've dismissed all my claims as impossible without even entertaining them or just say they're only anecdotes of hallucinations. It is always "show me the empirical evidence" but with anything involving the mind that is very hard to do.

Mike Cl

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 03:40:03 PMI read it along with niv, berean and the literal translation. Biblehub.com gives you ability to see all the translations you want then to see the Hebrew and Greek original with the strongs definitions. I think that is the best way to do it. I've also learned a bit of torah and Hebrew. I think KJV is pretty good and actually adds some benefit with poetic translation that only someone initiated by God would truly understand unless maybe someone that was initiated told them.

I don't agree I'm that gullible but definitely way moreso than when I was an atheist. I've just seen and experienced a lot of supernatural stuff to know amazing things are possible. I used to be an atheist for 15 years so I know what it is like to not believe in anything but what scientists say as I would've dismissed all my claims as impossible without even entertaining them or just say they're only anecdotes of hallucinations. It is always "show me the empirical evidence" but with anything involving the mind that is very hard to do.
At least you had 15 yrs. of sanity.  You are delusional if you want to understand that or not.  This is one of my go-to web sites when I want detailed answers about the NT--An Introduction to
New Testament Textual Criticism  --http://www.skypoint.com/members/waltzmn/intro.html
Very detailed.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

NagaMorningstar

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2022, 06:35:55 PMAt least you had 15 yrs. of sanity.  You are delusional if you want to understand that or not.  This is one of my go-to web sites when I want detailed answers about the NT--An Introduction to
New Testament Textual Criticism  --http://www.skypoint.com/members/waltzmn/intro.html
Very detailed.

Actually during that time, 15-20 years ago,  I had severe depression so some might call that not sane by this standard.

Cassia

Quote from: NagaMorningstar on December 14, 2022, 07:19:47 PMActually during that time, 15-20 years ago,  I had severe depression so some might call that not sane by this standard.
Well, that sucks and seems to become more common lately, maybe somewhat because of the social media overload. Have you tried a hobby where you actually learn about real things? Perhaps building electronics or learning about science? Going down religious experience rabbit holes will just frustrate you because it's fake nonsense and people can never keep their lies straight. Thats why there are 1000s of religions. I mean here you are chatting with atheists who you know will never take you "testimony" as real, right? But we will encourage you to dive into the real wonders of the natural world. Here is a gift. it's my favorite video.