News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Gospel of Mary

Started by Shiranu, November 19, 2022, 02:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Greatest, you keep quoting the bible.  I discount just about everything that comes from that pile of propaganda.  The bible is simply an instrument designed to get money out of my pocket and into the hands of the priesthood. And it is based in fear, not love.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

M

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 25, 2023, 05:14:00 PMGreatest, you keep quoting the bible.  I discount just about everything that comes from that pile of propaganda.  The bible is simply an instrument designed to get money out of my pocket and into the hands of the priesthood. And it is based in fear, not love.

Y

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 25, 2023, 05:14:00 PMGreatest, you keep quoting the bible.  I discount just about everything that comes from that pile of propaganda.  The bible is simply an instrument designed to get money out of my pocket and into the hands of the priesthood. And it is based in fear, not love.

Many share your, to me, narrow view. And Gnostic Christians were victims of inquisitions.

I used the bible to help push my apotheosis. That is it's function, when read correctly.

It is a great book to get a moral sense from. You might give it points for that.

All who think of these things, or have Gnosis, and decent morals, will do so.

Reading it the right way is key.

Try with the supernatural out, and see why Christianity took off so wildly in the day.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: ManUfan on February 26, 2023, 04:14:16 PMI'd like to know what this person knows and what makes them think that it's slightly impressive.

I would not use such language, --- and if I can opine without quote or argument like you do, show where I indicate such a low degree.

I am way more impressive than you think, dumb anal orifice.

Regards
DL

Blackleaf

Quote from: ManUfan on February 26, 2023, 04:14:16 PMYeah but he/she's not a Christian.
You're dealing with someone who knows stuff that we don't.
Quoting the babble doesn't necessarily mean that this person believes it... It could just be that this person hasn't really got much to say so fills in with babble quotes.

Lots of waffle and no substance.

I'd like to know what this person knows and what makes them think that it's slightly impressive.

Sometimes I like to appropriate things from the Bible because I know it irritates Christians. When I describe my deconversion, I sometimes describe it like, "the scales fell from my eyes."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

M

Quote from: Greatest I am on February 26, 2023, 09:02:27 PMI would not use such language, --- and if I can opine without quote or argument like you do, show where I indicate such a low degree.

I am way more impressive than you think, dumb anal orifice.

Regards
DL

St