News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Real Jesus

Started by Johan Abrahams, November 01, 2022, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan Abrahams

Seems the time has arrived for Him to be here. Because there are some that want to take the credit for being Him. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRHqAKAm/

This is of course not my original idea and I am giving the link to "Michael" who started this interesting topic.  He said: "The NewTestament says:

26 Therefore, if they shall say unto you, 'Behold, He is in the desert!' go not forth; or 'Behold, He is in the secret chambers!' believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

This appears to be one of the many false Messiahs prophesied to come.

And the link to where he actually spoke these words:

https://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/the-jews-claim-that-the-messiah-is-here-but-is-he-the-real-one/#post-45055

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Johan Abrahams

I totally agree.  But this will of course be done with the Second Appearance of Jesus.  Where Judgment and Ruling will be done in His Love and Wisdom.  And of course we are there now.  Because Jesus is getting born now.  From His Mom and Dad.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

M

Quote from: Johan Abrahams on November 01, 2022, 11:59:56 PMI totally agree.  But this will of course be done with the Second Appearance of Jesus.  Where Judgment and Ruling will be done in His Love and Wisdom.

My diary is pretty full. Can you give me an idea of when exactly Jesus is going to make his long awaited second appearance?

Is it soon™ by any chance?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: ManUfan on November 03, 2022, 05:20:34 AMMy diary is pretty full. Can you give me an idea of when exactly Jesus is going to make his long awaited second appearance?

my research has narrowed it to somewhere between when the cows come home and when hell freezes over.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

English was this guy's third or fourth language, right?

M

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 03, 2022, 11:36:39 AMEnglish was this guy's third or fourth language, right?
I think it was his third or fourth bottle of vodka.

Has he gone away or something?

I was going to introduce him to the prophet hen of Leeds.

Gawdzilla Sama

Any damn fool can come here and preach. As long as the Feds don't catch up to me I'll tolerate that noise.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

M

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 03, 2022, 06:19:21 PMAny damn fool can come here and preach. As long as the Feds don't catch up to me I'll tolerate that noise.

How's the ticker going?

aitm

Meh...he also said, rather emphatically, I will be back before all of you die. So much for truth in advertising...lolol
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: ManUfan on November 03, 2022, 05:20:34 AMMy diary is pretty full. Can you give me an idea of when exactly Jesus is going to make his long awaited second appearance?

Yeah, the penultimate verse of the Bible has Jesus saying he'd be coming "quickly," but that was 2000 years ago...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Jesus told people to sell their possessions and to not bother getting married, because he didn't think those things would be needed for long. Spoiler alert. Those things were needed.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Interesting enough, same chapter I believe, he says even if you are married you should act as if you are not. If there were any "true" believers then having sex and kids would have been a sim as you then lost your purity of soul. Meh, even Jesus couldn't  stop em from fuckin.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: ManUfan on November 03, 2022, 06:49:21 PMHow's the ticker going?
I was middle car in a three car pileup a week ago Wednesday. My "cardiology team" was furious. They hadn't given me "permission to drive." "Well, you never said I couldn't."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers