Movies i get asked if they were based on a true story

Started by Mr.Obvious, September 01, 2022, 03:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luther Martini

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2022, 08:16:07 PMYeah, fair enough - I've got a few Confederates in the closet myself, I know how it feels.

So do I, as well as 17th century English colonists.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 04, 2022, 08:50:25 PM"2001: A Space Odyssey"
That is one movie that is simply factual all the way through!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 04, 2022, 10:02:51 PMThat is one movie that is simply factual all the way through!
I'm planning to go through all the books next time I practice for a dirt nap.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

I understand, though never seen, that there is a movie where "Abraham Lincoln" kills vampires with an axe...in time it will be written into history.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on September 05, 2022, 04:38:13 PMI understand, though never seen, that there is a movie where "Abraham Lincoln" kills vampires with an axe...in time it will be written into history.
It's rather hysterical at times.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers