Does anyone else here like retro Sega stuff?

Started by nuclear, August 15, 2022, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclear

I really enjoy playing Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games on my computer via emulation.

My favorite Saturn games are Earthworm Jim 2, Sonic R, Sonic Jam, Clockwork Knight 1 & 2, Nights into Dreams, etc.

I've also been playing a few Dreamcast games like Mortal Kombat Gold and Crazy Taxi.

I really enjoyed Mortal Kombat Gold because it's a nice update on Mortal Kombat 4 (I played MK4 on the PS1 to death when I was a kid). I like being able to play as Baraka or Mileena now.

Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast is really fun as well, and I think I'm starting to get really good at it; I got an "A" ranking in one of my playthroughs. That's because I figured out how to properly use the crazy dash, and that really helped out a lot.

I'm not only getting into retro Sega stuff, but recently I'm starting to get more into retro gaming in general (I have emulators for the PS1, SNES, Genesis, GBA, PS2, NES, Gamecube, N64, etc).

I'm sure you guys share my interest in this stuff as well, right?

Blackleaf

I still own a Dreamcast. My favorite game to play on it is Sonic Adventure. It and its sequel on the Dreamcast are the best versions available, IMO. I sometimes download the Chao Adventure mini game on my VMU.

I also like the JRPG "Evolution," the dolphin game "Echo: Defender of the Future," and a few of the Tony Hawk games. I unfortunately never got other classics like Jet Set Radio or Crazy Taxi.

I had a Genesis back in the day too. I believe it still works. I remember playing it a few years ago, but I think my brother has it. I had Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, Golden Axe, Vectorman 1 and 2, Primal Rage (not as good as the arcade, but it's fine), Streets of Rage, Ristar, Batman Forever, Lion King, and I'm sure I had others I'm drawing a blank on at the moment, but the game that got the most love from me and my brother was Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

Dat shit ain't retro to me.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers