Orange County (Florida) Public Schools Enact "Dont Say Gay" Rules

Started by Shiranu, June 29, 2022, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A Catholic Taliban, but in a good way!."

QuoteORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Representatives for Orange County teachers sounded alarm bells Monday after word spread from principals that Orange County Public Schools would impose strict restrictions on classroom behavior after Florida's new Parental Rights in Education law, a.k.a the "Don't Say Gay" law, took effect.

According to representatives of the county's teacher association, teachers and staff members will be disallowed from wearing rainbow articles of clothing, including lanyards distributed by the district last year. Elementary-level teachers reported being discouraged from putting pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk or talking about them to students.

"Safe Space" stickers aimed at LGBTQ students may have to be removed from doors, teachers will have to report to parents if a student "comes out" to them and they must use pronouns assigned at birth, regardless of what the parents allow, the CTA reported.

Some of the measures appeared to be far outside what the law actually forbids, as it focuses primarily on mental health monitoring and classroom curriculums.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Luther Martini

Wow! that just makes me wonder how the government of Florida intends to deal with naturally occurring rainbows. Because, they surely don't want any outside influence like nature to influence any perversion in impressionable young minds. 

So, at first, I thought that perhaps they could have cannons mounted on the roof of every school that would shoot silver iodide into the atmosphere above the offending rainbows in order to condense the water vapor so that it would disperse those offensive arcs of color.  Of course that would also create some pollution, but hey, in red states we're tough enough not to be bothered by a few toxic chemicals.  No, the real problem with that would be if it just creates more rain, and therefore more rainbows.  SHIT!!!  ya don't reckon that these fucking rainbows might be god's plan, and if they are, maybe god is trying to make our kids ... oh no, please tell me it's not so, don't say it ... GAY.

drunkenshoe

Well, god put the rainbow after murdering all living things with a flood, right? Obviously, he thought he made a mistake with the previous plan -he has a PLAN- and intended to correct and renewed world to be GAAAAY! GAAAAAAY!
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

ferdmonger

What I've never understood is why anyone cares that Wanda wants to marry Wendy in Washington.  This has absolutely nothing to do with your marriage or life. 

Get over yourselves.  Live your own life and leave everyone else alone.