Transgender Youtube celebrity "Chris Chan" arrested for alleged rape of mother

Started by FreethinkingSceptic, May 17, 2022, 12:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreethinkingSceptic

This is old news, but this case has been ongoing for about a year, and allegedly the trial will be held sometime in June unless the case gets further continuances.

I'll post a link to a thread about the case from another site:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/va-christine-weston-chan-creator-of-sonichu-arrested-for-rape-of-mother-richmond-3-aug-2021.579791/page-2

I'm curious what others' thoughts are on this, and if anyone familiar with the case believes they are innocent (such as not guilty by reason of insanity). Supposedly they've identified as a member of the "trans" and "incel" internet communities, but I want to avoid making this a tangent (e.x. about "transgenderism" and such).

My take is that even though the individual has obvious severe development and psychological problems, since they more or less admitted to it on recording phone calls and claimed they did it for their own satisfaction, they will be hard-pressed to get off on an insanity defense.

Because simply "being insane" isn't enough by the standards of the law (there are many notable convicts such as Charles Manson who were found to be clinically insane). They'd have to prove that they were mentally incapable of understand what they were doing at the time it occured.