News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Roomate

Started by SGOS, April 03, 2022, 10:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Jackson is 8 weeks old and a hefty 10+ pounds.  Jackson says, "Dave uses me for a dumbell.  It's fun, except I get dizzy.  I also help take care of yard litter, when I'm not sleeping."

Dark Lightning

Look at those paws! He's going to be a big boy when he grows up.

SGOS

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 03, 2022, 12:44:37 PMLook at those paws! He's going to be a big boy when he grows up.
The mother was smallish, but the father was exceptionally large for a Golden.  They looked like a mismatch, but both are registered. Dad seemed closer in size (height-wise) to an Irish Setter.  This one was the last available of a litter of 6, but he was also the largest. I don't know what that tells us at 8 weeks, but I had already noticed his large feet.  I have a feeling he's going to be above average in size.  Although, it doesn't matter to me, as he doesn't turn out to be freakish.

gawdzilla sama Jr.

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 03, 2022, 12:44:37 PMLook at those paws! He's going to be a big boy when he grows up.
Ten pounds at eight weeks and you thick he's going to be big?

SGOS

I just weighed him 5 minutes ago.  He's 13 lbs, exactly.  That other weight was me holding him and subtracting my weight from the total, I did this in my head, not really sure if I remembered the two weights needed for the calculation correctly.  I have no idea what an 8 week old is supposed to weigh.

Mike Cl

Train him like he is going to Baby Huey (huge, huge and then some) and then weight won't matter.  One of the best dogs we ever had was a 5 week old black puppy (he was thrown from a speeding car); vet said he was probably a fox terrier.  He ended up being a black lab/great dane mix.  He grew to 100 lbs.  One of the best dogs we ever had!  He was a gentle giant loved by all who got to know him.  I still miss him.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?