Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Started by Greatest I am, January 28, 2022, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL 

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

I could see this being a legit question in like the 18th century or something, but since then we've observed animals with homosexual partners.  Kinda narrows things down a bit.  I mean, what's the alternative?  Some researcher is pulling an elaborate prank?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Shiranu on January 28, 2022, 09:30:05 PM
Nature, we've known this for a while now.

Tell all your religious friends.

They seem to hate what their God created.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 28, 2022, 09:49:59 PM
I could see this being a legit question in like the 18th century or something, but since then we've observed animals with homosexual partners.  Kinda narrows things down a bit.  I mean, what's the alternative?  Some researcher is pulling an elaborate prank?

The religious homophobes never got out of that century.

Regards
DL

aitm

Since there are humans born with both sexual organs it appears that God indeed did not make them male or female. I rule out nuture because it's genetic therefor it only leaves nature.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Greatest I am

Quote from: aitm on January 29, 2022, 10:39:05 AM
Since there are humans born with both sexual organs it appears that God indeed did not make them male or female. I rule out nuture because it's genetic therefor it only leaves nature.

The intelligent position.

Regards
DL

Mermaid

I don't think the reason people are gay or straight or somewhere in between is of any consequence.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on January 29, 2022, 03:16:19 PM
I don't think the reason people are gay or straight or somewhere in between is of any consequence.
Exactly!  And it appears the 'somewhere in between' is turn into a plural.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mermaid on January 29, 2022, 03:16:19 PM

It all depends on ones POV.

Think like a smart chick.

You do not know how much cash misogyny has taken out of your pocket. Right?

That is closely related to homophobia, in religions that discriminate without a just cause.

If I can kill the homophobe in a mind, religious or not, I have a better chance of killing misogyny.

Christianity portrays Satan as female.

Whose side are you on?

Get with me or get behind me, Satan.

Regards
DL

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Greatest I am on January 29, 2022, 08:05:16 PM

That is closely related to homophobia, in religions that discriminate without a just cause.

If I can kill the homophobe in a mind, religious or not, I have a better chance of killing misogyny.

Whose side are you on?

Regards
DL

If "she" gets behind you, there's going to be a large strap-on involved.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

Quote from: Greatest I am on January 29, 2022, 08:05:16 PM

Whose side are you on?

Regards
DL

What?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers