News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Not Shocked

Started by Mike Cl, January 28, 2022, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Pope Benedict Admits To Giving False Testimony In German Sex Abuse Case.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pope-benedict-false-testimony-sex-abuse_n_61ef0276e4b03add23fd0357

"A report from law firm Westpfahl Spilker Wastl on sexual abuse in Germany’s Munich diocese criticizes the way the former pope, whose original name is Joseph Ratzinger, handled four cases of sexual abuse by priests in the 1970s and 1980s when he was archbishop there. The report was commissioned by the archdiocese to investigate sexual abuse between 1945-2019."

I think he was just following god's law.  After all, if god did not want his right hand helpers to molest children, he would not have provided them.  Christians love to flaunt their 'morality' at every turn.  And all popes are infallible. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

He just needs to confess. OK, there, say 3 Hail Mary's, all is good!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on January 28, 2022, 05:34:59 PM
He just needs to confess. OK, there, say 3 Hail Mary's, all is good!
and make sure he uses his rosary--which is not an idol.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Greatest I am

I might have mentioned how peeved I get when reading of a pedophile case where a bargain is struck between the victims parents and the authorities who victimize the child yet again by making his or her rape into a pay for play by those in charge.

There should be a crime against such injustice.

If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die.

Regards
DL

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2022, 05:59:16 PM
and make sure he uses his rosary--which is not an idol.
When I read the article about this the other day, I noticed the shock was gone.  It doesn't seem like anything will ever happen to change the church, but then churches (The Catholic Church is the worst, but only because it has the longest record), resist change, even after centuries of being proven wrong.  It seems to be part of the foundation of religion.  Religion is the biggest hoax every conceived by man, but that's another topic and I'm drifting off course.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Greatest I am on January 28, 2022, 08:47:40 PM
I might have mentioned how peeved I get when reading of a pedophile case where a bargain is struck between the victims parents and the authorities who victimize the child yet again by making his or her rape into a pay for play by those in charge.

There should be a crime against such injustice.

If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die.

Regards
DL

Not the parents, but Virginia Giuffre has agreed to an out of court settlement with Prince Andrew.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Greatest I am

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 15, 2022, 12:49:49 PM
Not the parents, but Virginia Giuffre has agreed to an out of court settlement with Prince Andrew.

Justice for sale or rent.

And we think ourselves so advanced.

Regards
DL

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Greatest I am on February 17, 2022, 11:24:43 AM
Justice for sale or rent.

And we think ourselves so advanced.

Regards
DL

To be fair this was a civil suit. The only thing ever at stake was money.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Greatest I am

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 17, 2022, 01:03:49 PM
To be fair this was a civil suit. The only thing ever at stake was money.

I was thinking more og how the pedophile priests victimize their initial victim with the help of parents who set a price to make the crime a pay for sex issue and turn our victim into a prostitute.

In such cases, for sure there are more issues than money.

Mostly issues that society is guilty of.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

I'm pretty sure the current pope was installed to put a better face on the Church.

Doesn't work for me, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman