News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Americans are dumb

Started by josephpalazzo, June 28, 2013, 09:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

What can I say Shooz.. I have a dark sense of humor and the absurd. I don't express things as well as I would like anymore. Perhaps it's drugs, perhaps the dumb is wearing off from the rest of the dumb around me, but none the less you are correct as usual and a whole lot of insecure little dinkies are butt hurt as a result. ;-)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

The messages we get from 'officials' are pretty dumb. Powerful people certainly don't want us smart and if they do they go about it dumb. :-k

aitm

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Americans are not dumb, Turks are not dumb, Africans, Eskimos, Europeans, Chinese are not dumb. Nobody is fucking dumb.

specifically no. In general yes. People are indeed dumb.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Nobody is fucking dumb.

Dummies are dumb.

Aletheia

Visit the Bible Belt sometime. There are quite a few people who simply lack the necessary brain power to engage in deep, meaningful conversation - let alone any academic achievements. This has nothing to do with environment - they are genetically predispositioned to be borderline retarded. The jokes regarding inbreeding have their roots in some degree of truth.

Furthermore, there is a substantial portion of the U.S. population in the southern states which foster belligerent ignorance and encourages people to wear their stubborn refusal of science as a badge of honor. You'd literally have to be here to truly appreciate the bizarre and unsettling mindset of the people here.

As for Turkey, who knows. You wish to champion your country as being at least smarter than the U.S., well I can't blame you for wanting to at the very least look better than the American south.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mermaid

This does not surprise me. It makes me sad, but it doesn't surprise me. And it's exactly why I am not up front about being an atheist. Especially at work.
And in case you don't recall, I am in the scientific field, veterinary medicine. So I work with a bunch of biologists. Christian biologists. I can't exactly process that, but that is how it is.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Aupmanyav

It makes me sad too. Americans should have been leading the table.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"Americans are dumb because we don't have to be smart.

A very high priced luxury that expired long time ago, now you can't even use.
[ Image ]

***  coffee spew ***
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SGOS

Quote from: "Aletheia"

Visit the Bible Belt sometime. There are quite a few people who simply lack the necessary brain power to engage in deep, meaningful conversation - let alone any academic achievements. This has nothing to do with environment - they are genetically predispositioned to be borderline retarded. The jokes regarding inbreeding have their roots in some degree of truth.

Furthermore, there is a substantial portion of the U.S. population in the southern states which foster belligerent ignorance and encourages people to wear their stubborn refusal of science as a badge of honor. You'd literally have to be here to truly appreciate the bizarre and unsettling mindset of the people here.
When just about anyone moves to the Bible Belt, it makes a very small statistical change in the average IQ that actually shows up on the census reports. :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Alethia, it's not just southern states. Ignorance is everywhere and belligerent ignorance is everywhere. Go down to any drug rehab in any city and it's not tough to find. Go to any AA meeting anywhere in the world and it's not tough.. The US south isn't uniquely dumb and in fact I know many well educated, well reasoned people from southern states.
Here in Ohio entire sections of towns are inhabited by ignorant fucks.
The power structure wants and needs the uneducated and ignorant to do their dirty work so it's in every city, every state and every nation.

SGOS

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Alethia, it's not just southern states. Ignorance is everywhere and belligerent ignorance is everywhere.

Don't be a piss ant.  We're having fun shitting on the Bible Belt. :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Wherever there's trouble, wherever there's injustice, wherever there's dumb people.. I'll be there.. :shock:

Hey..that didn't come out right did it? :oops:

Solitary

I resemble that remark!  :P  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

Lol, Iceland is ahead of Denmark.

josephpalazzo

It's been in the American culture since its nascent days to vilify anything that is representative of authority, be it the government or an expert who contradicts one's cherished beliefs. On top of that, you have big corporations pouring billions of dollars to dummy down the culture. And you have one complete party, from a two-party system, that's bought hook, line and sinker into this -- you've got Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-GA) and Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA), both members of the science committee, who have made their anti-science views well known. So this poll results shouldn't surprise anyone.