News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Americans are dumb

Started by josephpalazzo, June 28, 2013, 09:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

On the acceptance of evolution, the US rates second last after Turkey. Thank God, Turks are dumber than we are!

Plu

It scares me that even here, we only get up to 60%. I wonder why that is, and who the target audience is.

dawiw

That is mind boggling, the US should be in a higher position.

[youtube:18vi2ovl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL2a6mSbM[/youtube:18vi2ovl]

Go to the 4:00 mark

Pastor Ted may have looked like he's the devil himself to Dawkins.

"You will find wrong on some things, right on some other things."
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"On the acceptance of evolution, the US rates second last after Turkey. Thank God, Turks are dumber than we are!

[ Image ]

Her Shoely wrath will soon show itself.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GurrenLagann

Dammit...

I do have to wonder whether or not Hitchens was right in that these surveys are often either worded in a leading way or asked of people who "don't even know what it is that they don't believe in".
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Solitary

Quote from: "dawiw"That is mind boggling, the US should be in a higher position.

Writer posted a YouTube video

Go to the 4:00 mark

Pastor Ted may have looked like he's the devil himself to Dawkins.

"You will find wrong on some things, right on some other things."

Thanks for the video!
Well that video sure answered the question doesn't. "Insanity in individuals is rare, but in groups it is the norm." When a person that is arrogant they make claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights, overbearingly assuming: insolently proud. The very picture of Pastor Ted.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

It is pretty scary when you fall far below even countries like Romania and Bulgaria, which aren't exactly known for their universities.

AllPurposeAtheist

Statistics couldn't possibly be skewed could they? Nobody fucking asked my opinion so results may vary.

You get em Shooz! :)

Dontcha love a good Shoezie smackdown? :D/
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

It could be that Turkey and the United States are smarter than all the others and don't accept evolution.  :shock:   :-k   #-o  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

TrueStory

Reminds me of a Greg Giraldo joke.  Cyprus is beating us?  I didn't even know Cyprus was a country.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

the_antithesis

Americans are dumb because we don't have to be smart.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"Americans are dumb because we don't have to be smart.

A very high priced luxury that expired long time ago, now you can't even use.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Statistics couldn't possibly be skewed could they? Nobody fucking asked my opinion so results may vary.

You get em Shooz! :)

Dontcha love a good Shoezie smackdown? :D/

:lol: APA. *Shakes head. You are not helpiiing.
That, my dear requires thought and I'm your #1 fan club. :) Watching you feed their feet to them is all I ask in life.

AllPurposeAtheist

As to why Americans are dumb.. 30+ years of leaded gasoline.. That explains it. :-k

the_antithesis

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Yes, but it's a black comedy, APA. Some of the posters here already think I am here because I hate Americans. :roll: *Chuckles*

Why wouldn't you hate Americans? Americans hate Americans. Especially on the highway.