News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Kind of a slow news day, so did you guys know that the Ukrainians are really into soup?

A people after my own heart.  Also, soup is the best way to feed 100 people with $10 worth of food.  Keeps you hydrated and warm, too.  Excellent choice.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 24, 2023, 07:47:56 PMKind of a slow news day, so did you guys know that the Ukrainians are really into soup?

A people after my own heart.  Also, soup is the best way to feed 100 people with $10 worth of food.  Keeps you hydrated and warm, too.  Excellent choice.

I'd venture to say that the Ukrainians sent people who were possibly their best, and certainly highly motivated. Soup? As long as it has lots of stuff in it, sure. Though I can certainly see where they want some warmth.

Unbeliever

They're just following the National Wartime Nutrition Program. 🍲
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Ukraine's Dnipro river now guarded by six Defiant 40 patrol boats

I know what you're thinking.  And yes, I also hope that one of them is named Sisko.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

Northern Macedonia to send 12 Mi-24 helicopters to Ukraine

Northern Macedonia will receive replacement helicopters from the West

Hydra009

Ukraine destroys electronic warfare vehicle

Specifically, this one jams radio/GPS/cellular signals, so getting rid of it should help both military and civilian communications in the area.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Half of Putin's army is dead or out of action

Out of a grand total of 800k troops (either part of the initial invasion or recruited afterward) about 420,000 have been killed or wounded to the point of being out of action.

166,570 Russian troops KIA

499,700 wounded (including 150,000 still getting medical care and 100,000 permanently disabled)

Hydra009

Turkish parliamentary committee approves Finland's NATO bid

It's not a done deal yet, it still has to go to the general assembly, but this is a step in the right direction.