News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Meet the heroes: Shaman Battalion

Highly skilled and fit soldiers who infiltrate Russia and conduct sabotage operations to the bewilderment of its guards. 

They were also involved at the pivotal battles at Hostomel airport and at a strategic site just west of Kyiv when those big "stack of doom" convoys were making headlines.  Don't hear much about them anymore for some reason...

They also train total newbies, which must be a helluva crash course!

Hydra009

The geniuses over at the Kremlin apparently figured out how to work Google Maps and have "leaked" the locations of both the NATO summit and Pentagon, presumably in preparation for some sort of attack, though that seems incredibly unlikely.

Now, I'm not a military tactician of any kind, but I could've gotten this info during a bathroom break at Amazon.

Hell, I could even go on a tour of the Pentagon whenever I feel like it.  It's not like it's Area 51.

This stunt just screams extreme, barely believable levels of ignorance (next, they'll be doxxing our embassies) combined with a severe misapprehension of US resolve.  The latter certainly hasn't been doing them any favors in Ukraine.

Hydra009

Apparently, Russian officers are asking for bribes to transfer troops away from war, but renege after getting the money.  I sense frag grenades in their future.

Hydra009

Ukrainian forces strike Snake Island.  Again.

Putin lost yet more troops, howitzers, vehicles, and another fuel depot.

Edit - also an air defense system...to an air unit, its intended target.  Humiliating.

Hydra009

UK pledges additional £1 billion ($1.22 billion) in military aid

This brings the total up to £2.3 billion in military aid, with an additional £1.5 in humanitarian aid.

Cassia

After reading a few articles, I wonder if the amount of Russian equipment destroyed is even significant compared to the equipment lost to corruption.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on June 30, 2022, 10:04:32 AMAfter reading a few articles, I wonder if the amount of Russian equipment destroyed is even significant compared to the equipment lost to corruption.
Hard to say.  Especially since corruption often plays a crucial role in its destruction.  We do know that a significant amount of russian equipment was abandoned, likely due to a combination of damage, poor maintenance (which may or may not be corruption-related), and poor morale.

Imho, both corruption and western tech played a major role in russian equipment losses.  A lessening of either one would've changed the outcome of these battles considerably.

Hydra009

Update: Russia abandons Snake Island

QuoteRussia's defence ministry said it had decided to withdraw from the outcrop as a "gesture of goodwill"
🤣 Oh man, the Russian comedy club is open today!  The mouth of Sauron speaks of generosity.  Risible.

Quote"KABOOM!" tweeted Andriy Yermak, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's chief of staff. "No Russian troops on the Snake Island anymore. Our Armed Forces did a great job."

Quote"The enemy hurriedly evacuated the remains of the garrison with two speed boats and probably left the island. Currently, Snake island is consumed by fire, explosions are bursting."

Hydra009

Ukraine shoots down a Russian attack helicopter near Snake Island

QuoteAccording to the South Operational Command, Russians attempted to organize a rescue operation, but their helicopter joined the missile cruiser Moskva, which had sunk earlier.
Rough seas even in the air.  The Ukrainians sure know how to rub it in.  :P

QuoteIn the Black Sea, the enemy's naval group now consists of two missile ships and two large landing crafts. They continue to blockade the north-western part of the Black Sea but keep a far distance, as they became vulnerable after Russia's air defense on Snake Island was destroyed.
Snake Island was an important staging ground, air defense, and an "unsinkable aircraft carrier" for a nation whose fleet is shockingly sinkable.  Well, if the ship is invulnerable, then the most vulnerable thing there are the men on it...

And without either the Moskva or Snake Island to provide air defense for its much more vulnerable vessels, the Black Sea fleet is again forced to keep its distance or incur Neptune's wrath.

Hydra009

Wives of Russian soldiers plead for their withdrawal from war

QuoteA group of wives of Russian soldiers fighting in Ukraine since the invasion began on Feb. 24 recorded an extraordinary video appeal to local authorities to bring their men home alive. One of them called the war "unjust" in comments on social media and said authorities must take the blame for any more men killed.
Certainly a bit of a departure from the official line...

Quote"The servicemen are exhausted morally and physically. They all have mild to moderate concussions. The soldiers have been in the field from January to the present day. Many people have flu-like diseases," the statement said.
'All according to plan', says Putin.  Then it's a pretty sick and twisted plan. 

Conscientious Russians must quit the war in order for there to be peace again. Putin has no conscience, so you must do it yourselves.

Hydra009

Putin blames West for "forcing" him to accelerate "unification" with Belarus

Looks like Putin's so desperate for additional manpower than he's looking to takeover Belarus and use Belarusians as his new cannon fodder.

ferdmonger

Belarus seems to have a little say over this matter of joining the war. Good luck Vlad.

Hydra009

Russia bombs Snake Island to destroy the equipment they were forced to abandon

Essentially, Russian munitions and Russian equipment are destroying each other.  So awful.  Please don't repeat the process all over temporarily occupied Ukraine.  That would make me so unhappy.