News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Russian officials terrified of working in temporarily occupied territory, demand security guarantees

The poor sods guarding ammo depots 50km from the frontlines don't get security guarantees.  The personel at Berdyansk port don't get security guarantees.  Hell, people working in Belogrod - in Russia - don't get security guarantees.

Being in Ukraine is hazardous to your health.  Anything could happen at any moment.  Leave while you still can.  Flee like your life depends on it.

Hydra009

Separatist fighters calls Russian soldiers war criminals and imbeciles

QuoteDuring the phone call, the soldier describes disorganization and chaos among the Russian soldiers, using a slur to call Putin's forces morons and comparing soldier infighting to those who mutinied during World War I.

"Like during the war on Potemkin, in the night, they had support come in to help them, and they started firing on themselves, Russians firing on Russians, destroying themselves," he says.

QuoteThe separatist fighter also complains that Russian forces aren't allowing them to rotate off the front lines.

"I just want them to get us out of here," he said, adding that he thinks the Russians aren't allowing soldiers off the front lines because they're afraid they'll desert and never return.

Hydra009

Ukrainian forces used a Harpoon missile to sink a Russian resupply ship headed to Snake Island

There's a lot of low-quality steel and Russian uniforms at the bottom of that sea.  Russia should consider the environmental impact of such deployments before starting wars.

Hydra009

Not so fast, Comrade:  Russian soldiers detain their commander so that he won't flee war

QuoteEarlier, the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine reported that the employees of the Russian security agencies had begun to write resignation reports massively.
Hmmm...

drunkenshoe

I'm sure you guys know the traditional drunk Russian videos? I've been thinking about those and since this shit has started. It's hopeful when you look at that way, isn't it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Ukrainian forces blow up military base in Melitopol

Resistance also derailed a train carrying russian military. Again.

I'm noticing a pattern - if a tactic works against the invaders, it can be used again  and again and it'll be just as effective a month from now as today.  They don't learn or adapt, they just send more men and more bombs.  They'd rather run out of both than learn a thing.

Hydra009

Hydra009

^ related story:  Russian defense firms refuse to repair equipment damaged in Ukraine

Quoterepair companies instructed their staff not to accept the incoming equipment. The reason behind their stance is the lack of components and insufficient funds paid by the military for the work already completed.
Ouch.  Tried to swindle the defense sector during a war.  I'm not surprised that they refuse to lift a finger now.  They're gonna let Cheapskate Dictator twist in the wind till he gets what he's owed or they get what they're owed.

Quote"The command tried to address the issue by deploying field repair brigades, which were supposed to operate in close proximity to the combat zones. However, corruption and greed for profit among the Russian military leadership brought the attempt to naught," intelligence analysts stressed.
Corruption even knee deep in war.  That's quite a commitment to losing!  I dunno if that's a twisted sort of heroism or not, but either way, Ukraine thanks them along with the free world.

QuoteBefore the damaged equipment is delivered to repair plants, it gets completely dismantled, while spare parts and units are sold or exchanged for alcohol. In some cases, only charred bodies of BMPs and tanks make it to repair factories.
Charred bodies...yikes!  I'd need alcohol for that, too.

Hydra009

Russian amphibious assault ship sunk by mine in Black Sea

QuoteThree sailors are already singing songs for fish together with Kobzon
I don't know what this is supposed to mean exactly, but I'm sure it's savage in the orginal Ukrainian.

And Shark seem like an appropriate name for such a vessel - now permanently beneath the waves.

Hydra009

Russia sent a shipment of stolen Ukrainian grain to Turkey - which then seized it.

My brother and I talked about what we would do in that situation.  I would seize the ship and send its grain to the most famine-stricken parts of the world.  For free, of course.  I would publicly thank Russia for its generous donation in helping to alleviate this terrible humanitarian crisis and would ask for more if they are willing and able to help those truly in need.

What's Russia going to do about it?  Any complaint would destroy its own propaganda.  Any retaliatory act would prove their true intentions...and trigger a NATO response.

And if they go along with it, they effectively undo their own efforts in creating this hunger crisis. And whatever ports the rest of the stolen grain goes to could possibly be similarly seized, so Russia's plan is now riddled with uncertainty.  It's lose-lose for them.

Russia has never been more vulnerable than it is now.  It expects deference and obedience and respect that it has not earned and likely will never earn.  Don't obey.  Frustrate their efforts as much as possible.

Hydra009

Russian officers allegedly selling troop locations

Wild allegation, but then, lots of wild things have been going on there - officers abandoning troops, troops deserting, all sorts of corruption, abandoning the wounded, sabotaging equipment to sell as scrap, trying to fake a marriage to get out of the war, self-injury, etc.

Nothing surprises me at this point.

Hydra009

Invaders preparing to assault Bakhmut and Siversk

However, they're unlikely to succeed because of heavy losses from Lysychansk and Severodonetsk.

They're also taking a lot of losses from HIMARS fire.

Hydra009