Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Hydra009

Russian conscript almost immediately surrenders to Ukrainian forces

Quote"Soldiers of the 92nd brigade captured a frightened, frozen 'mobilized soldier' in the forest near Kupyansk [in eastern Ukraine]. He deserted from his military unit and tried to return to Russia, but got lost,"
Dafuq.  How on Earth did he get lost?  What is he, Mike from Blair Witch?  Even if you don't have a map (because you kicked it into the creek), you can literally just head straight east and eventually get to Russia.  Well, at least he didn't make camp in a radioactive forest where all the trees are dead and unnaturally bright red.  That's some Eastern Plaguelands stuff right there.

QuoteThe Russian man said that he was captured by Ukrainian forces on his third day of serving, and that he had only seen the commander of his unit once.
Yikes.

Hydra009

Ukraine destroys electronic warfare/jamming station in Kharkiv region.  Third one to go up since the start of the war.  They've also captured some, and a least one was sent to the US for study.

Hydra009

Ukraine to receive Titan anti-drone technology

This essentially analyzes the drone automatically, then jams it, forcing the drone to land or return to base.

The base can then be discovered and shelled.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 29, 2022, 06:46:38 AMUkraine to receive Titan anti-drone technology

This essentially analyzes the drone automatically, then jams it, forcing the drone to land or return to base.

The base can then be discovered and shelled.
That's cool.  Send us your drones so we can track them.

Hydra009

Rosenburgs: two US doctors arrested attempting to provide Russia with senstitive medical data

QuoteAnna Gabrielian and Jamie Lee Henry, who had a secret security clearance as a doctor at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, communicated and met several times with an undercover FBI agent who they believed was from the Russian embassy, offering sensitive medical information on military members and their families, the indictment alleges.

QuoteDuring an initial Aug. 17 meeting in a Baltimore hotel room, Gabrielian told the agent she was "motivated by patriotism toward Russia to provide any assistance she could to Russia, even if it meant being fired or going to jail."

Quote"My point of view is until the United States actually declares war against Russia, I'm able to help as much as I want," Henry, 39, told the agent, according to the indictment. "At that point, I'll have some ethical issues I'll have to work through."

"You'll work through those ethical issues," Gabrielian replied.
Spoiler: those ethical issues were not worked through properly.

From there, it gets crazier and crazier, with that person wanting to volunteer to fight for Russia, saying that breaking HIPPA is fine because they break the law all the time, and wanting the kids to "go on vacation" to Turkey if things go sideways (Why are Russians so fixated on Turkey lately?)

Hydra009

Hydra009

DIY medical care.  So stingy!

Hydra009

Ex-NSA employee tried to give classified information to the Russians

Charged with three violations of the Espionage Act, which are very serious charges

Hydra009

Ukrainian forces encircle Lyman

There were reports that some Russian forces made a last minute retreat, but 2k-3k are still there and now are trapped afaik.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

Over 5000 Russian troops encircled at Lyman

Evidently, I had assumed more had retreated than actually had.

And without immediate reinforcement, they're sure to be overrun and either killed or captured (this assessment was from yesterday, so their fate has already been decided, through action or inaction)