News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Putin orders military to look into arms supplies in order to supply their forces correctly and analyze western weapons

Too little, too late.  Years too late.

Meanwhile, US Intelligence is digging through footage, wreckage, and in some cases, captured Russian tanks, planes, drones, munitions, etc.  They even have a couple working electronic warfare systems that made their way to the States courtesy of Zelensky.  Russia has few secrets left.

In contrast, Putin is digging through HIMARS wreckage and has almost enough wood to build a log cabin.

Hydra009

As far as gas shortages go, Europe is in for a hard winter but not as hard as it could have been.  Dictator Putin hatched his scheme too early, which gave Europe plenty of time to adapt.

QuoteEuropean natural gas prices rebounded after three days of declines, with traders weighing whether the continent's intensified efforts to ease a winter supply crisis will be sufficient to avoid shortages.

Benchmark futures settled 6.6% higher, reversing earlier losses that saw prices fall to the lowest level since late July. Governments across the region are deploying billions of euros in funding to ensure there is enough supply, with European economic powerhouse Germany moving closer to nationalizing gas giant Uniper SE in a historic bailout.

The country is also preparing fresh credit lines for gas purchases, while Chancellor Olaf Scholz will chase new deals during his trip to the Middle East this weekend.

That builds on moves by the European Union to curb a crisis that has brought the region's economy to the brink of recession. Separately, the UK plans to slash the wholesale prices that are incorporated into business energy bills this winter, according to people familiar with the matter. That's in addition to a plan to cap household expenses for two years.

In fact, German natural gas reserves have swelled to 90%, which should help them considerably.

Hydra009

Poll of Ukrainians show strong support for Zelensky (81%), Ukraine armed forces (95%), integration into EU/NATO (92%, 79% respectively), and optimism towards the future (86%)

QuoteUkrainians show strong and united support for integration into the EU and NATO: 92 percent want Ukraine to join the EU, and 79 percent want Ukraine to join NATO. These views extend across all of Ukraine, south and east included, regional variations in support for Ukraine joining the EU or NATO, which were seen in previous polls, have virtually disappeared.
When they don't have guns to their heads, the south and east don't view the West any differently from Kyiv, which certainly contradicts Kremlin propaganda that there's an organic resistance to westernization there.

In fact, Russian-speaking residents in the Kharkiv region were quick to celebrate and personally thank Ukrainian forces for their liberation, expressing unmistakably genuine joy and relief.  The very people the Kremlin said the Ukrainians were genociding and therefore waged war on Ukraine ostensibly to "rescue" them.  How very interesting.

Hydra009

Tanks for the donation

Quote"The initial panic of the counteroffensive led Russian troops to abandon higher-quality equipment in working order, rather than the more damaged equipment left behind by Russian forces retreating from Kyiv in April, further indicating the severity of the Russian rout," the institute said.
They even captured a near-mint T-90, which I'm told is at least several Ms more advanced than the T-62s with BBQ grills bolted on (really makes the radio crackle and pop) and reactive armor replaced with rubber, which I'm sure will look great strewn over some field when the turret inevitably blasts into the stratosphere.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 20, 2022, 10:43:54 PMTanks for the donation
They even captured a near-mint T-90, which I'm told is at least several Ms more advanced than the T-62s with BBQ grills bolted on (really makes the radio crackle and pop) and reactive armor replaced with rubber, which I'm sure will look great strewn over some field when the turret inevitably blasts into the stratosphere.

Now, be fair, those turrets only make it to the mesosphere. :p

Hydra009

Pro-Russian Vostok battalion commander in Kherson region:

The Russians claim they're "saving ammo" as they're getting pounded.  Also, I'm pretty sure stoicism works just a little differently than just getting blasted with no response.

Hydra009

Wagner recruits a literal cannibal

I bet they hope they get a generous supply of rations, 'cause when those run out...

Donner, party of five!

Hydra009

Hydra009

Unbeliever

I just saw that another Putin ally has died, after a fall down a lot of stairs. Seems to be dangerous to be a Putin ally...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

With the way dictators treat those around them, it's mystifying that anyone ever voluntarily does anything for them.