News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Russian soldiers get catfished, leak the location of their base, which gets blown up

Does the Russian language not have something similar to "loose lips sink ships"?

Cassia

Putin, looking pretty mousey, hanging onto his chair..

Shiranu

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wagner-group-accused-of-disemboweling-women-in-the-central-african-republic

I mean this in the most dispassionate, non-anger filled way...

I hope Ukraine finds these men, castrates them and chokes them to death with their own STD-infested micro-dicks.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Yeah, Wagner could all die and it would make the world a happier place.

Lately, they've been complaining bitterly about lack of air support and artillery in Ukraine so maybe a lot of their comrades have deduced that as well.

Unbeliever

What could possibly be motivating them to be committing such atrocities!?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Hydra009

Putin forces Russian 1st Army Corps to sign 3-year contracts

At the rate Ukraine is chewing through Russian troops, every last one of them will be dead before they complete their contracts.  Might as well give 'em a shovel.

Hydra009

Russian doctrine has somehow become more reliant on UAVs and less able to field them.  Very strange thought process they have going on in Russian command.  I suspect that most of those medals are made out of either lead or mercury.

the_antithesis

Russia sanctions 25 more Americans, including Sean Penn, Ben Stiller

Is it just me, or is this childish? Also a bit delusional, like anyone want to go to their country. You don't get to go into the lion's mouth, Ben Stiller.

Unbeliever

Hell, being sanctioned by Russia should be considered a mark of distinction.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Yeah, somehow I think Ben Stiller will get by.  If anything, stuff like this just gives him a temporary boost more than anything else.

Imo, Russia's actions ceased to be rational months ago.  It's all about lashing out any way they can and trying to intimidate/threaten others any way they know how because that's all they know how to do.

Hydra009

Want a smoke?  Partisans engage in Psy-Ops campaign against invaders

Across temporarily occupied territory, posters have appeared showing explosions and occupier's coordinates

Occupiers must choose to either move or risk an unexpected visit from HIMARS.  Over and over and over again.  Until one day, something unexpected happens and there's no longer a need for posters because there's no one to address.

Edit - Occupier cars have also been exploding recently.  Must be careless smoking.

Hydra009

I'm happy to report that Ukrainian forces have made significant progress towards Kherson, though specifics can't be disclosed at the moment due to operational security.  Suffice it to say that at this pace, Kherson will definitely be liberated by the end of the month.

Hydra009

Jeez, I'm floored by the tank losses.  20 tanks a day, every single day.  That's 7300 a year.  For comparison, there are roughly 73000 tanks in the world. (At its current pace, Ukraine could chew through 10% of the world's tanks in a year, which is amazingly ferocious for such a relatively modest country)

Not all of those tanks are functional, though obviously, no country is going to give details about that.  On paper, Russia has (or rather, had) ~12,420 tanks total and >1,000 of them are visually confirmed to have been destroyed with Ukraine plausibly claiming another thousand.

Considering that Russia's already scrapping the bottom of the barrel with T-62s complete with cope cages, it's safe to assume that they don't have much left in reserve, because they would've sent it already.  And they're quickly burning through (pun unintended but not inaccurate) what they have left.

Bottom line: this conflict will not last for years and years.  Russia simply doesn't have the reserves to keep it up that long and can't replenish nearly quickly enough.  Somehow, major fighting will be over in months, maybe a year, if that.