News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

The sort of helmets that Russian soldiers use:

I've seen football helmets that offered more protection.

This guy could punch it a couple of times and badly deform it.  What do you think a bullet will do to it?

Cassia

I wonder if sales for Putin's state vodka are slipping...

Hydra009

Andrii Yermak
Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine:

Hydra009

Ammo depot in Crimea goes boom

Russian officials said the blasts were "localized" and "under control", adding that "no one was seriously injured" and that they don't know what caused the fire.

And I'm watching the footage and it looks like a Godzilla movie.  Quite the opposite of localized and under control.  Someone definitely got injured.  And it was definitely not an accident.

Hydra009

Blasts rock temporarily-occupied Melitopol, Russian TV cut off

QuoteFedorov said that "however hard the Russian propaganda is trying to 'brainwash' our residents, they can't make much progress".

He added that the residents of Melitopol are holding the city's defence and the local resistance is "destroying everything that the Ruscists bring".

Hydra009

My brother shared with me war footage of a Russian vehicle driving between two other destroyed Russian vehicles.  These were fresh kills, still on fire.  This genius drives right between them and BOOM! landmine.

Who could have guessed??!

Hydra009

Airbase in Crimea goes boom

There sure are a lot of careless smokers today!

Hydra009

Russian propagandist goes boom

She died of her injuries from a landmine.  Specifically, a butterfly mine, the sorts of mines that Russia has indiscriminately used throughout Ukraine, a country that Russia says it wishes to protect.

So it's highly likely that this is a literal case of being hoist by one's own petard.

Hydra009

Scary "new" Russian weapons platform is just a toy robot dog with a rocket launcher strapped to it

Quotethe robot dog is a modified "Go1 bot made by the Chinese company Unitree Robotics" which is "essentially a toy".

QuoteAccording to its manufacturers, Go1 bot can carry a maximum weight of three kilograms (6.6 pounds).

The Insider reports this means it can carry an RPG-26 launcher as seen in the video, but not one loaded with a rocket as this pushes the weight up to 4.7 kilograms (10.4 pounds).
It can't even use the rocket launcher.  Who designed this thing, Todd Howard?

QuoteIt is also unable to operate on rough or wet terrain and is vulnerable to hacking.
So, basically useless.

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Russian officials refuse to work in Ukraine despite offers of double pay

Cheapskate Dictator probably wouldn't make good on the offer, anyway.

Hydra009

Russian geniuses accidentally geotag another HQ

If you ever feel useless, just be glad that you're not camo netting on a russian field HQ.

Edit - it went boom yesterday, estimated 100 casualties.  Dum-dums don't live long in Ukraine.

Hydra009

Russian soldier has second thoughts about Ukraine war

QuoteAs frustrations grew on the front, he wrote about reports of soldiers deliberately shooting themselves in order to escape the front and collect 3 million roubles (£40,542) in compensation, as well as rumours of acts of mutilation against captured soldiers and corpses.

In the interview, he said he had not personally seen the acts of abuse carried out during the war. But he described a culture of anger and resentment in the army that tears down the facade of total support for the war portrayed in Russian propaganda.

Hydra009

Do you guys remember this legendary speech to the invading Russians very early on in the war?

His name is Yuriy Gudymenko (it varies somewhat in print due to different romanizations of his name).  He is still alive.  He was badly wounded in June, but he's alive and well.

His video, very early in the war, correctly predicted that Bayraktars would prove nightmarish for the Russian invaders and his overall optimistic tone didn't fit the predictions on that day (the general assumption was that Ukraine would be swiftly defeated) but it does fit the present.  Truly amazing how things can change in 6 months.