News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm wanna strangle Eric Hovind...

Started by Jorjor, June 27, 2013, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorjor

lol ok not really, but he posted this video on his facebook page and needless to say   #-o  :Hangman:

Basically his son is watching a dinosaur show that talks about evolution and Eric talks to him about everything that is "wrong" with it.

[youtube:x5qvhkxa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F40u-NT5fN4[/youtube:x5qvhkxa]

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

"Teach the facts, but don't teach evolution"   #-o

Sounds like a great plan, bucko.  How about we also teach astronomy sans Big Bang or chemistry sans atoms?

AllPurposeAtheist

Automotive technology sans wheels..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GurrenLagann

Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Aroura33

Holy crap! That guy pisses me off soooooo much. My 6 yo Loves Dinosaur Train! I even made her a pillowcase and backpack out of liscenced fabric...lol.

So how dumb is Kents poor kid going to be? My daughter could tell you the names of dozens of different dinosaurs, their traits and relationships, and has a decent idea of what evolution means because of that show. His kid could barely remember which one is the T-Rex because his dad is confusing his poor little mind with moronic lies.

Kent should avoid PBS altogether if he objects to this show. I wonder if he objects to Sid the Science Kid? Probably not, since it does not so often discuss science that goes against his retarded beliefs. But they have discussed some stuff, like astronomy and geology that he probably disagrees with. I wonder how hard it is to compartmentalize your brain like that? Maybe it is easier for dumbass douchebags....
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Weltfrieden

I bet none of you can watch the whole thing! It's worth watching to see Eric get pwned but he gets really annoying after awhile.

[youtube:2l7zlaj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9BfsHsVGNg[/youtube:2l7zlaj4]

Solitary

Quote from: "Rasputin"I bet none of you can watch the whole thing! It's worth watching to see Eric get pwned but he gets really annoying after awhile.

Writer posted a YouTube video

I for one can't watch the whole thing because the person asking the questions keeps do a logical fallacy of "Poisoning the Well. He is also assuming that God exists without any evidence. He does it is like a lawyer in a courtroom asking a man if he still beats his wife, or is it impossible for unicorns to exist.  :roll:  I got the masochistic courage to watch some more and the questions being asked have so many logical fallacies I couldn't stand it anymore. One being wearing your opponent down until they give up. This is the very reason why theist always win in debates, because they do it to win like a lawyer does and not to find the truth. If you really like getting frustrated try debating with a Catholic that has learn logic in a Catholic school.  :Hangman:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jorjor

Quote from: "Rasputin"I bet none of you can watch the whole thing! It's worth watching to see Eric get pwned but he gets really annoying after awhile.

I watched this awhile back. I was ready to gouge my eyes out with a spoon

Jorjor

I watched this awhile back. I was ready to gouge my eyes out with a spoon

By the way I forgot to put up a screenshot I took of some of the comments, which are just as facepalm worthy(if not more so) than the video itself

Vixen92

Wow, at least if you're gonna try and diss evolution, get your facts straight. Rex-y did not have feathers, that is a whole other creature right there that had feathers, closer to a velociraptor. And that other video, I couldn't even finish the first minute, it just looked like the same old argument. "But you can't DISPROVE it!" "No, but I can come up with some GREAT idea's as to why it's all bull." "BUT YOU CAN'T DISPROVE IT! I WIN!"

Plu

Jason78

Quote from: "Jorjor"lol ok not really, but he posted this video on his facebook page and needless to say   #-o  :Hangman:

Basically his son is watching a dinosaur show that talks about evolution and Eric talks to him about everything that is "wrong" with it.

Child abuse, caught on camera.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Vixen92"Wow, at least if you're gonna try and diss evolution, get your facts straight.
That's Eric Hovind, ma'am, the Last True Defender of Unreality.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

GurrenLagann

I honestly can't tell if he's a bigger idiot - or more dishonest - than his old man.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens