Is it wrong to tell Christians what's wrong with their religion?

Started by Jagella, October 07, 2021, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Docillinois

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 03, 2021, 10:14:00 AM
I did not dodge anything and have already accepted your definition.

Where morals come from, is your DNA.

It controls your thinking chemically.

Regards
DL

Possibly.  There is research ongoing in behavioral genetics which explores the heritability of morality, though its more in the early stages. 

Did I inherit my moral compass? Examining socialization and evocative mechanisms for virtuous character development.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6443408/

There is also currently exploration of whether reactive heritability can be applied to the development of a moral sense:

On the Universality of Human Nature and the Uniqueness of the Individual: The Role of Genetics and Adaptation
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-6494.1990.tb00907.x

Hydra009

I mean, we know that animals like mice have a basic moral sense and you follow that up the food chain to more advanced brains like elephants and dolphins (and perhaps the occasional human) and you get a highly developed moral sense.  What else could possibly account for that but biology?  The facts on the ground definitely make the claim that there was some sort of divine imbuement look silly and high unlikely.

aitm

If morality is in the DNA or even if it is considered a divine gift, one should spend a hour in a kindergarten with 20 kids and 4 toys…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Dark Lightning

Yeah, they just ducked behind a biological dodge when their argument failed. I'm seeing this person being an obnoxious chump on several atheist forums, currently. At least they haven't done copy-pasta over them, because those of us who see that know. And they get banned pretty quickly, in that case. Just bring an argument and defend it in a genuine way? I guess that's too tough for some people.

Greatest I am

Quote from: aitm on December 03, 2021, 06:20:29 PM
If morality is in the DNA or even if it is considered a divine gift, one should spend a hour in a kindergarten with 20 kids and 4 toys…..

Yes.

You can tell which child is thinking in a hyper way, due to DNA and sugar.

Chemicals control us to some extent unfortunately.

Ask any woman in PMS.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 03, 2021, 10:32:01 PM
Yeah, they just ducked behind a biological dodge when their argument failed. I'm seeing this person being an obnoxious chump on several atheist forums, currently. At least they haven't done copy-pasta over them, because those of us who see that know. And they get banned pretty quickly, in that case. Just bring an argument and defend it in a genuine way? I guess that's too tough for some people.

Yes, my interlocutors are useless at debates, usually.

Regards
DL

Dark Lightning

Hydra009

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 04, 2021, 10:33:10 AMYou can tell which child is thinking in a hyper way, due to DNA and sugar.
Sugar causing hyperactivity is a common myth and frequently debunked.

aitm

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 04, 2021, 10:33:10 AM
Yes.

You can tell which child is thinking in a hyper way, due to DNA and sugar.

Chemicals control us to some extent unfortunately.

Ask any woman in PMS.

Regards
DL

Obviously you’ve never spent time with a bunch of children and not many toys or you don’t understand what the conversation meant in relationship to the word morality. Since you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about perhaps you should leave this for the grownups.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

I have a sign on my front door, "NO PROSLETYZING". I'm not polite to people who don't respect that. I pulled a five foot sword on a guy who insisted on giving me a Watchtower rag. He fled like a bunny. My no trespassing sign is a "human" target with the center blown out of it. (Boss Lady picked up on the 9 with much glee and a slightly mad look in the eye that I know very well.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Greatest I am

DNA directly effects our thinking, chemically.

Chemically, try a no coffee day.

Testosterone levels and estrogen levels have been blamed for murder.

If too much for fools to understand, try a few drinks and smoke a joint the come back and argue.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 04, 2021, 01:45:53 PM
I have a sign on my front door, "NO PROSLETYZING". I'm not polite to people who don't respect that. I pulled a five foot sword on a guy who insisted on giving me a Watchtower rag. He fled like a bunny. My no trespassing sign is a "human" target with the center blown out of it. (Boss Lady picked up on the 9 with much glee and a slightly mad look in the eye that I know very well.

My sword is usually words, and I have one convert to brag about.

You showed him though.

Your brightness of sword and less bright whit.

Face to face, they are easy to converse with if their watch dog can be shut up as well.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

On sugar.

I have 4 boys and 5 grand children.

I know when they have eaten sweets.

I appreciate your ??? data showing otherwise, but I have to go with what I know as a fact.

Regards
DL

Hydra009

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 07, 2021, 05:51:43 PMI appreciate your ??? data showing otherwise, but I have to go with what I know as a fact.
lol, don't let data get in the way of what you know(heh) to be true.  :P

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 07, 2021, 05:51:43 PM
On sugar.

I appreciate your ??? data showing otherwise, but I have to go with what I know as a fact.

Regards
DL
What you know as a fact. :)))  Just as you know god is a fact or jesus is a fact.  Christians don't know a fact from a belief.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?