Is it wrong to tell Christians what's wrong with their religion?

Started by Jagella, October 07, 2021, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 13, 2021, 11:55:45 AM
I don't have what one would label 'beliefs' but rely on facts.

Excellent.

Close enough to Gnostic Christian, go by what can be known and shown, for me.

Reality hold the worthy answers.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 12, 2021, 03:58:43 PM
Did I say "here" anywhere?

Same reply for anywhere on Earth.

A miracle working Christian does not exist if you read scriptures literally.

Jesus is and must be a miracle worker, and he said that anyone with even a tiny amount of faith or belief could do what he, Jesus, did.

Regards
DL

Shiranu

QuoteJesus is and must be a miracle worker, and he said that anyone with even a tiny amount of faith or belief could do what he, Jesus, did.

Then either he is a liar or not a single Christian has even a tiny amount of faith, both of which are not good signs for Christianity.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 14, 2021, 05:44:18 PM

Jesus is and must be a miracle worker, and he said that anyone with even a tiny amount of faith or belief could do what he, Jesus, did.

Regards
DL
Jesus can't be a miracle worker.  He is a fiction; just like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Johnny Appleseed--or any other fictional character.  There is no evidence that shows that Jesus was anything more than a fiction. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2021, 09:02:24 PM
Jesus can't be a miracle worker.  He is a fiction; just like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Johnny Appleseed--or any other fictional character.  There is no evidence that shows that Jesus was anything more than a fiction.
Neanderthal Jesus was tied up to a tree and a big Saber cat slashed him for hours to pay for the original Neanderthal sins. Except his mother was no virgin..screw that!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 14, 2021, 05:44:18 PM
Same reply for anywhere on Earth.

A miracle working Christian does not exist if you read scriptures literally.

Regards
DL
I'll take your misdirection as an admission that I didn't say that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 15, 2021, 06:32:15 AM
I'll take your misdirection as an admission that I didn't say that.

Eh, ok.

I did not quote you.

Regards
DL

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2021, 09:02:24 PM
I rarely quote myself.  But Greatest, you liked this.  Why?  I'm confused.  You label yourself as a gnostic christian.  The label of Christian signals to me that you (or anybody else who calls themselves that) believe that Jesus was an actual person and an actual god who gave instructions as reported by the bible.  Yet you indicate that you believe Jesus was a myth or a fiction.  Could you explain??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2021, 12:11:16 PM
I rarely quote myself.  But Greatest, you liked this.  Why?  I'm confused.  You label yourself as a gnostic christian.  The label of Christian signals to me that you (or anybody else who calls themselves that) believe that Jesus was an actual person and an actual god who gave instructions as reported by the bible.  Yet you indicate that you believe Jesus was a myth or a fiction.  Could you explain??

I see more than one Jesus in the bible.

One is a miracle working Christian fiction, thanks to Constantine, and the other, a Gnostic Jesus, who is more of an Eastern mystic.

He speaks like this ----

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

----------

I try to emulate the ancient intelligentsia.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

Cassia

QuoteHere is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.
Don't need salvation. No one does.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 15, 2021, 01:14:13 PM
I see more than one Jesus in the bible.

One is a miracle working Christian fiction, thanks to Constantine, and the other, a Gnostic Jesus, who is more of an Eastern mystic.

He speaks like this ----

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

----------

I try to emulate the ancient intelligentsia.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

I accept the above as your beliefs.  But that is not how I think.  What leads you to believe the bible reflects two Jesus?  What leads you to believe the bible is accurate in anything?  If I remember correctly you do not believe in a creator god.  Do you believe the bible is divinely inspired?  Do you believe in any god? 

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cassia on December 15, 2021, 01:55:29 PM
Don't need salvation. No one does.

THAT IS THE MESSAGE.

Have you not been paying attention?

Regards
DL

Cassia

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cassia on December 15, 2021, 03:04:57 PM
Such an agnostic mess, LOL

To some.

A Gnostic might be seen as an agnostic who has graduated.

That puts him a cut above atheists who do not support atheist churches and actively apposes the vile right wing religions.

Does your ideology have an engage and fight evil side?

Do you go show your disdain and hate?

Regards
DL

aitm

Quote from: Greatest I am on December 15, 2021, 03:12:29 PM
To some.

A Gnostic might be seen as an agnostic who has graduated.
“Might be” only from the gnostic, whereas an atheist might see a gnostic as simply another fool

QuoteThat puts him a cut above atheists who do not support atheist churches and actively apposes the vile right wing religions.
Proof that a well read person does not mean they are intelligent.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust