News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Brexit, the ongoing saga

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 05, 2021, 06:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Maybe not really ´brexit´ anymore, but boris will always be the brexit minister...

The downing Street parties are now under criminal investigation.
Who knew that the guys who lied their way to power, sacrificing the wellbeing of millions of people for personal gain, would say ´fuck the rules, fuck those peasants, we are above the fucking law´.

Truly shocking.

You know, it´s not that I mind seeing boris and his cronies going down. But that this is what brings him to his end... that fact I hate. Yes, it is somewhat Poetic... but he should have been removed a dozen times over.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 25, 2022, 12:18:32 PM
Maybe not really ´brexit´ anymore, but boris will always be the brexit minister...

The downing Street parties are now under criminal investigation.
He will be to me, but in the USA this criminal investigation for having a Covid Party would just be laughed off.  There would be finger pointing and attempts to inflict political damage, but beyond that, it's just chalked up to hypocrisy at the most.

Mr.Obvious

My dad´s an International development manager for the Port of antwerp.
He told me over dinner last night that he was the taskforce´s operational leader, that helped make this happen. Proud of him.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/port-of-antwerp-reaps-rewards-from-brexit/

Shiranu

QuoteMaybe not really ´brexit´ anymore, but boris will always be the brexit minister...

Funny coming back at looking at this post, as just a few months later he has seemed to 180 his reputation and is now appearing like one of the few European world leaders strong against Russia...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on May 03, 2022, 06:59:44 PMFunny coming back at looking at this post, as just a few months later he has seemed to 180 his reputation and is now appearing like one of the few European world leaders strong against Russia...

Not really agreeing with that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 04, 2022, 01:00:10 AMNot really agreeing with that.
Maybe it's just American (don't know if all English speaking) media then, but he is being portrayed very, very positively over here as someone who may have been an incompetent PM but has been strong on Russia.

(Often left out is how much of England's parliament seems indebted to Russian money and oil still, but meh... details.)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Well, I can´t claim to be an impartial observer.

That aside, I think he is seen as a bit of a joke, this side of the channel. And at home too, with most people in the polls saying he´s doing poorly and if I remember reading correctly a 2:1 ratio of people who would rather see him resigning.

His rolout to the ukrzine crisis, to me, also seems lackluster honestly. Early on they made it as hard as possible for the refugees to enter brittain and I think they are still trailing in that departement. Oh, he apoligizes for that and talks a lot of Talk, but the words of a known an confirmed liar mean little to nothing. And comparing the crisis to brexit, last month was notthe wordt thing he ever did, but still in poor taste. Their actions against oligarchs were also too little too late .
I now see promises and an attempt to bolster and cash in for the upcoming elections. But little to prop up those actions.
He´s barking now, but it seems to me to be more of an attempt for selfpreservation than actual leadership.
Though, yes, I am not impartial. And maybe I am not giving credit where credit is due. But he has fucked up his own legacy far enough that I and many others simple can´t even begin to believe it to be anything other than scrambling to survive another month in a position he must fully well realize he´s inept to fullfill.

Shiranu

Nah, I agree with pretty much all you said; that's more or less how I see him.

It must just be an American media thing, kinda like how we still idolize the royal family despite also being fully aware that they are a horrible institution. I don't understand "the point" in hyping up foreign leaders, but maybe there isn't one.