Father of All Men Lived 340,000 Years Ago

Started by stromboli, March 06, 2013, 02:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdlr110

Quote from: "stromboli"I already know a good bit of my ancestral history, thanks to Mormon genealogy. My last name is Young and I trace back on one side through Brigham Young and on the other directly from Sweden, so there are no surprises for me.

Brigham young??? BFD! But you're related to Steve young! Now that's cool!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Colanth

Quote from: "Shiranu"That's not to say they (Homo Neanderthalensis) were unintelligent creatures... they were infact far more advanced than everything else. But they simply did not have the "computing power" if you will to compete with us.
They didn't have the "social networking power", which is part of what made us what we are.  They had better vision than we did, IIRC, and a better developed sense of proprioception (they were more agile than we are).
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jesus

I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.

Brian37

Quote from: "Valigarmander"Wow, I had no idea Noah lived that long ago.

Don't feed the fundies.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

http://disinfo.com/2010/10/are-redheads ... nderthals/

Quoteand apparently "recent finds suggest quite a few in central Europe were handsome redheads." So if there's a ginger in your life...

No redheads in my lineage. None. Zip. Squat. Not even a blonde.  Neanderthals are recently thought to be of a sensitive nature and that may have contributed to their demise. Never been accused of having a sensitive nature either. This dude is homo sapiens all the way.

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "stromboli"Never been accused of having a sensitive nature either. This dude is homo sapiens all the way.
:lol:
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)