News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Forum Updates

Started by PickelledEggs, January 10, 2021, 04:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I'm doing some work on the forum, this weekend. Already took care of a few things, but will be working on some more, with wolf.

Will update you on what the changes and updates are, as they pertain to you, when I'm done.

Mr.Obvious

Can we expect the forum to be offline and inaccessible for a few hours to days, then?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 11, 2021, 02:58:01 AM
Can we expect the forum to be offline and inaccessible for a few hours to days, then?
Nope. It will stay online.

If it goes offline, it means I fucked up and broke something... At least in terms of updating. The other thing that can happen as a reason for the site going offline, is when the site is not updated properly and breaks, from lack of maintenance.

Naru

To help prevent the site from going down, I want to host a PTR where we can perform updates and make changes before applying them to the live server. We can have a limited amount of people log into the site to test things out. I will keep you all posted when this is up. I am posted the specs below.

PTR Server
Name - Topaz
CPU Dual 6 Core Xeon (total of 12 Core 24 threads)
128 GB DDR3 ECC Ram
7 TB of usable storage
Internet Connection 940/50 (upload is slower but for testing only, it should be fine)

NOTES
The PTR will have hourly backups locally and offsite.

Once I have things set up, I will invite people to test the forums out.