Does Christian music makes you feel inspirational

Started by Kibla92, August 26, 2020, 03:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Out of psychology, sociology and culture ... religion is real, regardless of epistemological quibbles"

Please demonstrate that a spirit or a soul exist. Please demonstrate that anyone, even theists have a spirit or a soul.

Please define a spirit or a soul, because, every time I ask a theist to define these terms, I get different definitions.

“There is a “you” and a “me” though where we crossover isn’t clear”

This is a complete non sequitur. How does this apply to: apolitical atheists, atheists in countries that don't have elections, atheists that understand that there are no such things as 'political messiahs'?

“If Robespierre, Lenin, Mao, Fidel aren’t messiahs, then they are guilty of false advertising.”

What is a 'real spiritual person'? Sounds like a no true Scotsman fallacy to me.

“Takes one to know one.  What is a true fisherman?”

It also seem to fly in the face of the entire Catholic church structure; Pope, Cardinals, Bishops, etc, etc. Are you saying that no Pope or Bishop or Cardinal has even been a 'real spiritual person'?

“I wasn’t naming names.  I can’t claim any of them, but I know the asymptote.  If one is self reliant, that one is an egotist.”

Who cares what Martin Luther said? He was just a person who claimed to, without evidence, that a god exists, prayer works, miracles occur, etc.

Why should we believe what Martin Luther said, any more than what Bigfoot 'experts' say?

“A great historical person is worth examining.  No matter how cold the corpse.”

----

I am not Catholic and none of you are but ...

"Fr. James Altman: You cannot be Catholic & a Democrat. Period." ... Catholic priest James Martin speaking at DNC convention is a heretic.  Preach brother, preach!  The largest and oldest human organization will be hard to beat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

bob nelson

Christian music makes me want to laugh. How can anyone sing that crap with a straight face? Makes me think about the SOUTH PARK episode featuring JESUS+1 and Cartman receiving his murr record for selling 1 million albums. And rap music sucks!

Baruch

Quote from: bob nelson on November 10, 2020, 06:19:29 PM
Christian music makes me want to laugh. How can anyone sing that crap with a straight face? Makes me think about the SOUTH PARK episode featuring JESUS+1 and Cartman receiving his murr record for selling 1 million albums. And rap music sucks!

Humor is in the jocular of the beholder ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I sang in coirs as a youngster, and enjoyed the music. I still like to sing some of it when I'm drunk enough(very seldom these days), such as In the Garden, or Waltzing Matilda.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

I like Handel's Messiah, and I like Beethoven's "Ode to Joy," but I can't speak German or whatever it is, so I'd probably still get goosebumps if they were singing about having sex with midgets. 

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2020, 08:28:13 PM
I sang in coirs as a youngster, and enjoyed the music. I still like to sing some of it when I'm drunk enough(very seldom these days), such as In the Garden, or Waltzing Matilda.
There was a singer at my college who would perform at the weekly coffeehouse night whose a capella rendition of Eric Bogle's "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" was guaranteed to rip you inside out.  I'm feeling a little choked up remembering it and that was nearly 40 years ago.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2020, 08:36:49 PM
I like Handel's Messiah, and I like Beethoven's "Ode to Joy," but I can't speak German or whatever it is, so I'd probably still get goosebumps if they were singing about having sex with midgets.

TMI ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2020, 08:36:49 PM

I always get goosebumps when I hear songs about little people having a good time ala Caligula!

;-D
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 08:26:24 PM
I always get goosebumps when I hear songs about little people having a good time ala Caligula!

;-D

Not funny, except from you.  You are immaculately innocent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.