News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is Christianity Under Attack?

Started by EchoSider, February 19, 2013, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Christians are under attack today on my FB page and I launched a two part rant telling them to shit or get off the pot; and seriously GO CLEAN their own houses.

Yes I ranted.  And I ranted Hard and Long.

And I laugh and I'm mean when they tell me how oppressed they are.
Today.......they can fucking shove it!

don't know whether to send hugs or back slowly away....

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"Christianity needs to be backed up against the wall and bitch slapped. Seriously.

ALL superstitions need to be verbally bitch slapped with blasphemy and ridicule and reason and questioning, not just Christianity.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

wolf39us

Quote from: "BlackL1ght"

I can't be the only one that though this...

Brian37

Now that we are making this a video game motif. I'd like to see a spoof version of Mortal Kombat where Sonja beats Allah and Jesus and Yahweh and each time it says "FATALITY, REASON WINS"
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Christians are under attack today on my FB page and I launched a two part rant telling them to shit or get off the pot; and seriously GO CLEAN their own houses.

Yes I ranted.  And I ranted Hard and Long.

And I laugh and I'm mean when they tell me how oppressed they are.
Today.......they can fucking shove it!

don't know whether to send hugs or back slowly away....

both please.
LOL

(but the backing away so that you avoid the fallout I'm getting )
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "wolf39us"
Quote from: "BlackL1ght"[ Image ]

I can't be the only one that though this...

[ Image ]

"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

invisibleandpink

* snorts * People like us have been persecuted for years. Criticized. Beaten. Burned. Killed. For years. If Christians can't take a little verbal punishment in return it shows how strong those bunch are.
"Don't come to me 'less you got some evidence."

"And trust and believe, it better make sense."

aitm

Quote from: "invisibleandpink"* snorts * People like us have been persecuted for years. Criticized. Beaten. Burned. Killed. For years. If Christians can't take a little verbal punishment in return it shows how strong those bunch are.

PINKIE!!! How are you?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

invisibleandpink

Good. Good. Been lazy, lately. But I'm still around. * beams *
"Don't come to me 'less you got some evidence."

"And trust and believe, it better make sense."

stromboli

PINK! Good to see ya. Welcome back, my friend!

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "invisibleandpink"* snorts * People like us have been persecuted for years. Criticized. Beaten. Burned. Killed. For years. If Christians can't take a little verbal punishment in return it shows how strong those bunch are.

*hug* Pink!!  Hope you're doing good.
Pink, I posted very similar comments to yours above ^ today.  LOL
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

BlackL1ght

Quote from: "Brian37"Now that we are making this a video game motif. I'd like to see a spoof version of Mortal Kombat where Sonja beats Allah and Jesus and Yahweh and each time it says "FATALITY, REASON WINS"
Not quite.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Jmpty

Why does this picture remind me of christianity? Hmmm.

Because they just won't be happy until we have all been assimilated.
???  ??

ApostateLois

Quote from: "EchoSider"It seems like whenever Christians are cut off from trying to preach to everyone they think they're being oppressed.  Maybe they are.  I don't think so, but that's just me.  In the latest manufactured outrage Fox News would like you to believe that NBC hates Jesus because an interviewer cut off a girl from quoting the bible during an interview about that cruise ship that got stuck.  (Link Below)

I wasn't sure what to think just reading the story, but  then I actually watched the clip and he did in fact cut her off as she was about to quote the bible, but from my perspective she was suddenly trying to hijack the interview for proselytization purposes.

The people commenting on the story are calling for boycotts of NBC and their sponsors and praying for the reporter to find "Him" before it's to late, etc.   There doesn't seem to be any dissenting opinions just yet, so if you'd like to educate some people or to have a little fun you might want to head over there and say whats-up.

At any rate, is there a war on religion, because it seems more like there's a war by religion on everyone who doesn't believe what they do.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... verse.html

Heh heh heh. Time to stir up the ant hill.....  :twisted:
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

TheDevoutPasta

over the weekend i had to go on a confirmation retreat to some asshat place. I was very surprised by the emphasis the preachy-people were putting on "combating" atheism. They specifically went out of their way to define it as a rejection of god, and as a disease. There was a huge push against the internet, at one point the people even said, "You may read things online that try to disprove God, and you might think they are true, but they are false truths, don't believe them, for it is the devil tempting you." utter bullshit, right? They repeatedly said that if there was anyone in the audience that thought that what they are doing is bullshit (adoration, confession) to please keep it to themselves, and try to get help. So obviously Christians aren't being persecuted (as far as i know), but rather the church is dying, and they know it.

-Overall the retreat wasn't too horrible, met another atheist and we chilled in our cabin and laughed at all the asshat things people were doing.
"The criticism of the atrocities inherent to religion is an undeniable prerequisite of societal progress."