News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Hallowe'en 2020 Scary Thread

Started by Cassia, September 14, 2020, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 20, 2020, 01:09:19 PM
Not much scares me these days, when I put it in to perspective that Trump could be re-elected. Nothing really is scarier than that
The ugly underbelly has been exposed. I fear it may already be over. The orange scourge is just a symptom. This nation, a land where ignorance, mythology, selfishness and cruelty are celebrated or at least tolerated by the majority. FUBAR

Mike Cl

trump re-election is the scariest thought/worry I've ever had!  And that includes a week while I was in the US Army and was convinced I would soon be getting orders to go to Nam (while it was very much hot--got Hawaii instead).  If trump wins that will mark the end of the US as I've known it; total destruction.  He will then only leave office by his death.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 20, 2020, 02:42:59 PM
trump re-election is the scariest thought/worry I've ever had!  And that includes a week while I was in the US Army and was convinced I would soon be getting orders to go to Nam (while it was very much hot--got Hawaii instead).  If trump wins that will mark the end of the US as I've known it; total destruction.  He will then only leave office by his death.

You must have supported Nixon back in the day ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Heavily condensed from, “Amnesia and carrots” a short story of mine from 83.

The mind heard it…softly, then slightly louder but not urgent, “Reggie? Mr. Meyer? Mr. Myer? Reggie?”
He woke to a bright room, awash in white…too white, too damn bright. He turned his head and squinted. His eyes quickly adjusted, he saw the wall and a shaded window, linoleum floor, white ceiling. As his head slowly turned toward the voice, his mind also recognized a hospital room. He was in a hospital room. Shit!
A hundred scenarios flashed across his eyes, he fearfully looked at the equally white clad nurse.
“What happened”, was the words his mind asked, she looked at him as if he did not even speak.
“How are you feeling”, her mouth moved, words came out.
“What happened”, again he asked, and again she heard nothing.
She took a step closer, placed her hand on his shoulder as if to provide comfort…assurance.
“You were in a very severe motorcycle accident” her mouth said. “You suffered a very nasty head wound from your helmet and…” her silent stutter quickened his fear, “….I am afraid you lost one of your legs”.
His fear seemed to dissipate as quickly as he heard the words from her mouth, he lifted his head slightly, suddenly aware of the pain in his neck and head..”yep”, he said matter of fact to himself, “legs gone”. He reached down with his right arm to stroke what was left of his right leg, but his head throbbed too much.
He laid back,  pain, fear, anger and sorrow fell across him at the same time. What the hell happened he wondered.
“The doctors think you may have a hard time remembering for a while, amnesia they say. You had to have some surgery on your skull but we believe in time you will be fine.” As his mind interpreted her words he also detected what seemed like…almost a laugh in her voice.
“Your wife and son will be here tomorrow”, her voice very close to his head now, “relax, going to give you a little sleep juice, ha, you’ll be better soon.”
He had lots of questions but the ability to ask, quickly faded to nothing and then he was awake again.
His mind was sharper now, clearer, he was aware of his surroundings, a movement to his left and he saw the back of a nurse as she adjusted some bags on the IV stand.
“Where am I”, he asked.
“Da nurses and da doctor will soon come”, she said without turning.
He was quickly aware that her voice, her mild stutter, her halting voice was not normal, he knew immediately that she had a mental disability, and he knew because his sister spoke the same way and she was mentally disabled. Becky, he thought, is she coming too?
He slowly lifted his head, aware of the ache, “Can you tell me where I am”? he asked slowly and somewhat monotone.
“A hoshpital”, she said. “I go, nurses and doctors be here now”.
And with that she opened the door after jiggling the handle several times and walked into a dark hallway.
He looked back to his missing leg. Depression quickly grabbed him, and he fell back into the bed.
He stared at the ceiling, studied it, it was an odd ceiling for a hospital. Since when did a hospital have popcorn ceilings? Over to the window now, the shade was very old, not just old, ancient, his grandmother had pull-down shades like that. The windowsill was wood, minor dents and chips painted over. His anxiety stated to rise… “where the hell am I”? he thought, “why is a hospital hallway dark”?
The door slowly opened and in from the dark hallway a nurse, the first one, entered, followed by a man in a suit.
“I’m doctor Graham”, he had a heavy southern accent. “you had a pretty bad accident, young man, lucky to be alive…you….”
“Where am I”? He interrupted.
The doctor looked confused just for a second.
“Calvary County Hospital, you’ve been here 6 weeks”.
“Six weeks”? He slowly breathed out. “Six weeks”?
“Yessir” said Dr. Graham, “just came too yesterday. We been waiting for you for awhile”. There was almost a snicker in his voice.
He felt his head sink lower into the pillow, six weeks.
The doctor coughed a little, “they found you in a ditch about 6 miles outside Gregstown, no one knows how long you were there. Your legs were already infected, right one busted up too bad to save, left one is still hanging on. Right arm was almost torn off. Couldn’t save that either, been..”
“Ahh”, he screamed as he bolted in bed staring at the stump on his right arm, “it’s gone. It was just here yesterday”! Panicked he looked at the doctor, “What the fuck? I just used this arm yesterday”!
The doctor took a step closer, “brain damage can make one imagine all kinds of things son. You have some severe head injuries…..”
His words went into the clouds and he looked at the missing right forearm. Wild with panic and fear he fought to get to his feet, to get up, to get right again.
“Whoa, whoa” said the doctor, grabbing him and slamming him into the bed, immediately the pain in this neck and head stunned him.
He saw the nurse quickly move to the IV tray and push a button two times.
“No wait”, he said, “wait a minute”….suddenly other memories came back..  “I don’t even have a  motorcycle”…”I’m not married”, his voice trailed off as the drugs did their job.
His mind fading fast, he fought to keep his focus.
“We need to do better on this one” he heard the doctor say
“I’ll get Amy to keep a closer eye on him” said the nurse.
“Amy’s a retard”, he heard the doctor say, “what are we doing with him tonight?”
“Lower left leg… I’m thinking stew” he heard her whisper.
“With carrots?” asked the doctor.
“With carrots”, came the reply.
His mind screamed, he did not, but soon enough he was awake again.
The fog cleared quickly, his mind clear, he started to raise his head but stopped, he closed his eyes.
The fear welled within him, his heart pounded, he could hear nothing, he slowly raised his head and looked.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cassia

Friggin' Awesome aitm ! I could almost hear Rod Serling give the recap. Who knew we have such literary talent around here?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on September 20, 2020, 01:48:35 PM
The ugly underbelly has been exposed. I fear it may already be over. The orange scourge is just a symptom. This nation, a land where ignorance, mythology, selfishness and cruelty are celebrated or at least tolerated by the majority. FUBAR

But then, NOW, there is resistence and criticism, protests. Now there is perspective. Your country or any other -because those are fairly common traits you counted up there- is dead when there is no opposition or voice against all that darkness. And if you read all this from higher ground, it is a crucial struggle for a future development. It's a phase.

I can't tell you how different American people's reactions now, compared to the past about all these issues brought up. It's a great positive difference because there is actually nothing new.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on September 20, 2020, 01:48:35 PM
This is my view exactly. The only difference being, awhile back I began seeing the ignorance changed to stupidity---ignorance can be corrected, stupidity cannot.  FUBAR for sure.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 21, 2020, 06:50:39 AM
But then, NOW, there is resistence and criticism, protests. Now there is perspective. Your country or any other -because those are fairly common traits you counted up there- is dead when there is no opposition or voice against all that darkness. And if you read all this from higher ground, it is a crucial struggle for a future development. It's a phase.

I can't tell you how different American people's reactions now, compared to the past about all these issues brought up. It's a great positive difference because there is actually nothing new.
Shoe I hope your view is correct.  I hope enough of the 'average' (whatever the fuck that is) US citizens have been shocked awake to make a difference.  I have been shocked to a new awareness several times in my life; the first time when my family moved from Oregon to Alabama and I saw the 'colored' and 'white' signs all over.  Since trump,s election it has been one shock after another--one of the biggest being my realization just how deeply embedded racism is and how cruel our govt was/is.  In order to fix problems we have to be aware of them----and fixing problems this huge takes turmoil.   I hope the turmoil is productive...............I hope, I hope, I hope..............

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 21, 2020, 06:50:39 AM

Yes, the prophet, Althusser, predicted all, European intelligencia are gods.  Eternal Return of the French Revolution?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 21, 2020, 09:14:57 AM
Shoe I hope your view is correct.  I hope enough of the 'average' (whatever the fuck that is) US citizens have been shocked awake to make a difference.  I have been shocked to a new awareness several times in my life; the first time when my family moved from Oregon to Alabama and I saw the 'colored' and 'white' signs all over.  Since trump,s election it has been one shock after another--one of the biggest being my realization just how deeply embedded racism is and how cruel our govt was/is.  In order to fix problems we have to be aware of them----and fixing problems this huge takes turmoil.   I hope the turmoil is productive...............I hope, I hope, I hope..............

Fix America?  Fix Turkey first!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Hope is an illusion. Cast it aside, and push through.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 21, 2020, 12:10:36 PM
Hope is an illusion. Cast it aside, and push through.
,'The Great Experiment' is an illusion, as is the saying 'Our Democracy is not always good, but it beats any other form of govt!'--or some such shit.  But hope is what keeps fires within burning and allows us to fight to move forward.  Without it, what's the point??  I use it to allow me to move forward.

drunkenshoe

Mike, I have had internet connection since 1994. You have any idea how early that is for this region? As you may guess we haven't had any turkish sites then and fuck the ones we have now. I have spent a lot of time with your people in the last 25 years, with very different groups; every age, gender, ethnic, religious, politics... I was just a kid with too much free time on her hands trying to practice English then. A kid had no idea this would be 'the new world'. Before I traveled to the US, American culture and Americans were just 'la la land' to me. And of course everything has changed when I traveled to the country, met Americans, talk about all this bullshit and made friends with them.

I'm not making a prophecy. I can't tell you the differnce and the awarenesses I had to go trhough about/with your culture and people. (At some point, your culture and people have become my field of interest.) And the unbelievable similarities you are going through with the one I live in.

This is not something that came out of nowhere, you know that very well. You have much more life experiences than I do. So many things have happened in the last decades while people have gone on to live as if everything was OK or as if every bullshit about the old propaganda ever worked.

Well, something's gotta give. This has started long time ago. And I know how idealistic or silly this sounds to you, or any of you that I'm saying this, it feels like because I love the country, but no. By the time passes on, I get it more and more clearly that why certain things have evolved the way they had in the US, only. LOL Because there has always been a real danger there to the system covers us all, so it can take some real damage. Real damage. Not in our life time? Call me romantic... I don't care if I don't see it. I don't expect to see it.

Yes, it is very bad. I woke up to my sis's text in the middle of the night: "Ginsburg's dead." And things have also gone very good. These protests you have been living through are so important and so precious... I wish you could be proud of them besides everything!

LOL You guys have been living in your closed pool soo long...Do you think we don't have eyes or ears or we don't get it? We live in the main source of that shit. You, American people, you are ALIVE; you do actually count, you, morons. Do you have any idea how many people in the world are surprised 'Oh wait these yanks are not just a 300 million zombies chasing the carrot we know. It's alive!' You don't care? You SHOULD. I wish you could know the actual support behind the resistence and the people, though it is too far away and silent.

It's gonna get worse and worse. And? It's just the beginning. Hang in there.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 21, 2020, 12:40:04 PM
,'The Great Experiment' is an illusion, as is the saying 'Our Democracy is not always good, but it beats any other form of govt!'--or some such shit.  But hope is what keeps fires within burning and allows us to fight to move forward.  Without it, what's the point??  I use it to allow me to move forward.

Without it, what's the point?

I can' t say what the point is, but I can say what motivator is left. The true gritt stemming from raw determination, seethe from discontent and pure hatred. A desire to fight, despite the odds, not under the impression that a change in the world is likely, or even possible, but from the knowledge That it is necessary and a bare refusal to accept the status quo.
Hope will cloud you, soften you; channel and hone your brass, unfiltered rage.
A cornered animal might not get free. Giving it hope won't either. But by fuck's sake, can it be dangerous. And by fuck can it wound.

Anyways, I will admit to being drunk, when I posted last and this post. Sorry if it don't make sense.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs